Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Fear of Nighttime
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Fear of Nighttime

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
2Percent (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Fear of Nighttime 5 Years, 5 Months ago  
Hello,

I am 43, started having panic attacks when i was 13. Started out refusing to get on planes because of a panic attack on them starting about 10 years ago. That spread to no long car trips, I wont go any further than 1 hour from my house. My world started closing in on me which closed it in on my wife and kid as well. Pretty soon i couldn't stay anywhere other than my own house overnight. Does this sound familiar? I bet it does to a lot out there.

One night i had a bad panic attack with extreme high anxiety that lasted all night and all the following day until i finally got a valium from a friend and was able to come down. I spent all that night and all day walking. I must have walked 20 miles. Since that time, ive had a fear of the night. Around 3pm the fear starts to build if i cant fall asleep. Ive spent many nights with 0 sleep now with really high anxiety walking the streets. Ive called into work sick so many times now because of this. I have a wife, kid and mortgage so this is really sucking! I have a fear of not sleeping basically. I cant afford to not sleep, because i cant work the next day. Its a vicious cycle. I just got into meditation the other day, I am going to persue that route. I dont think anything else will work for me...even Xanex sometimes does not stop the anxiety enough so i can sleep. Anyone else get the nighttime fears of not sleeping?

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

Last Edit: 2012/06/03 20:52 By
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaTools::whoisID() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 316
2Percent.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
tsuki (Admin)
Administrator
graphgraph
Re:Fear of Nighttime 5 Years, 5 Months ago  
My panic would usually begin to stir about dinnertime to the point, like you, I developed a fear of going to bed and having a heart attack while asleep. I developed insomnia and was lucky if I had a couple hours of sleep each night. It's a good thing I work from home so was able to take little cat naps during the day.

I also am a survivor of agoraphobia. I don't know if you are in therapy and if not, I would recommend that you do in order to get to the roots of your problems. I was able to overcome my agoraphobia through Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Exposure Therapy. I am still recovering slowly but surely and now am able to function normally outside my home. There are a few things I'm still working on, like driving a little further from my house each month.

As much as possible, continue to keep to your normal activities. Please don't allow your anxiety to isolate you from life outside your house. Stay strong and let us know how you do using meditation to combat your insomnia . . . hugs

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

2Percent (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Im already past that point, yes im in therapy, i can go out but no farther than a 1.5 drive. Cant stY overnight anywher but home, makes it hard on my family. So i need to get over the sleep problem, nothing brings on high anxiety like no sleep.

Logged Logged

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

4Him (Admin)
graphgraph
I find if I walk on the treadmill every day for 40 minutes, I sleep better. My sleep problems are hormonal due to my age but I remember the nights I could not sleep because of anxiety. Exercising and meditating on Bible verses that deal with overcoming fear helped me so much during my panic days that I developed the habit of reading the Bible every night before bed. Filling my mind with the love and peace of God still helps calm me no matter what I am going through.

Logged Logged

mollyclark (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Fear of Nighttime 4 Years, 8 Months ago  
I just started having panic attacks in my sleep, very horrible, any solutions or suggestions for me. doc put me on Loranzapan at night.

Logged Logged

honestjeenn (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Fear of Nighttime 3 Years, 8 Months ago  
Oh my. I am having this too. I mean, before bedtime, I am thinking that, panic attack is going to trigger.

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Thursday, 23 November 2017