Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Go to bottom
TOPIC: I'm new

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
Panickedlife (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
I'm new 2 Years, 8 Months ago  
I've been spending mainly every part of every day worrying for the past two months with a low level panic simmering at all times. I feel like being panicked is almost my baseline at this point. I've been dealing with a neighbor that's been very difficult for years who has literally broken laws repeatedly while I've lived here. The landlord said they will definitely evict this person....2 months ago...Then it became if a judge or policeman condemns something the neighbor gets caught doing, they will evict. I wound up spending $1000 on an attorney to try to get the ball rolling and then the neighbor retaliated again, even worse.

I thought at least the landlord would evict because I got the incident recorded on my phone and emailed it to them. But now the landlord claims it won't open. I said since it won't open in your email, I'll burn a disc and mail it to you. Their response: It never arrived. After going through all this stuff, with literally court cases pending and $1000 spent, I finally realized the landlord never really meant it. Also, before I even moved in, the neighbor had multiple complaints lodged against them for being difficult. The landlord knew the whole time.

Now the only thing to do is wrap up these cases and just move out. And I know this is the only logical thing to do when I am out if the house. But when I am home, I almost immediately go back to my phone, start researching tenant laws or writing letters or transcribing. And I obsess over how unfair it all is. And how cruel the neighbor and landlord have been. And think there has to be a way out of this that's fair, so I don't have to move.

Every time a new email comes in, I worry before I see who sent it that it's from the landlord; since I gave notice via email that I'm looking to move out because of the poor handling of the situation. My stomach turns when it says there's new mail. And then pathetically, my brain cycles back around to where I'm hoping impossibly the landlord will have a change of heart and I'll find an email saying everything's taken care of. It is pathetic. And worst of all, the complex has no sound separation so when my neighbor is home, there is no way to NOT hear this person which sends me spinning off into panic mode constantly each time there's another sound reminder. Not to mention this person is still doing the things that are the problem to begin with. I feel like I am days away from a nervous breakdown. I just hate feeling this panicked. Instead of putting the tv on, I wind up just sitting in my room with the panicked thoughts swirling in my head for hours. And I know it would be better to put the tv on. But I don't see the point anymore.

If anyone has ever lived with who or what provoked your panic attacks, I could really use any advice on how you dealt with it.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
concernedmom (User)
graphgraph
Re:I'm new 2 Years, 8 Months ago  
hello dear,
not clear to me if you live in usa or not or if you're female or not.
And even if it were clear, not so much my few lines can be of any help to you.
But I'll place it just in case:
I'd lived in 25 apartment building where I worked as janitor as a side job, meaning almost 24/7.
So, not one person was going on my nerves but many.
And I was often called outside by police to give my opinion about certain people or certain situation.
My basic question to you: What keeps you in that apartment any longer?
I would move out of that area, not only out of that apartment, because if that person has anything personally against you, it will continue even on the street.
So, keep it low and move out without any warning or annunciation because you don't want anyone following you. Just disappear and get your deserved peace some place else. For as long as that annoying neighbor is paying his rent, landlord will do nothing. Don't expect landlord's help, when you can help yourself.
Lawyer is there to take your money and the more the better.
It's not easy to go from apartment to apartment, I know, that's why my husband and myself mortgaged our (own)/ actually bank's house.
Townhomes, condos, have that same disadvantage, so just thank God that you're only renting that place and not mortgaging.
Having 6 months lease is much safer lease option since you're not tying yourself up to uncertainty.
And, one very recent lesson learned through my son's College mistakes: don't ever sign up joint lease, not even with someone you know let alone with people you never met before.
That neighbor was never meant to be part of your life, so treat it like it is: stranger who doesn't have room in your heart nor in your brain.
Leave its' beauty to landlord who soon will have vacant apartment when you leave, and may learn of its'own wrong judgment if new tenant (your soon future replacement) starts experiencing the same problems.
Sound proof in that building isn't going to happen, unless that area gets new complex owners who would renovate complete buildings and start selling it as condos. Until you're out safe and sound, get yourself those ear muffins or ear plugs. They may give you some peace temporary.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

Panickedlife (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:I'm new 2 Years, 8 Months ago  
Thank you for your kind words. It was comforting to read your sentence that this neighbor "is not meant to be a part if my life". Thank God one day she will be out if it. I am in the USA, female. The reason that kept from leaving my apartment earlier was money, I am on disability and very low income. I think you're right about the situation with the attorney and landlord too. If they're getting money, they don't see a problem with anything. It feels depressing about relocating and losing the familiarity of the area I live in, let alone the fact that I haven't even found a place to live yet. I will be looking this weekend and I am stressing out big time. It was definitely something to think about having problems with tenants from your perspective, having to deal with them 24/7 like you did, and even having to serve as a witness to the police for their confrontations, at least that's over for you. But I'm sorry to hear that you are having current troubles of your own. Best of luck.

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Monday, 20 November 2017