Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Customer Service
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Customer Service

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
remo (Admin)
Administrator
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Customer Service 9 Years, 8 Months ago  
OK, let's see if I put this "briefly"... (I doubt it )

I am managing a construction project at work. I placed an order for a 1,200 pound piece of equipment to be delivered at the job site. I am given the choice of delivery by lift-gate truck to the parking lot outside the building for $385, or "Inside Delivery" which includes two men and a pallet jack to deliver it anywhere I want inside the building for $1585.

Given that it only needs to go about 80 feet inside the building door, over a flat and level surface, I think the $1200 cost is excessive and ask if there was any middle-ground option. They say no, and I say OK let's go with the full inside delivery option.

So delivery day comes and as directed the driver calls my local guy where the project is located at 8:30 in the morning and says he will be at the job site with the delivery at 11:00 am.

At 9:12 am I get a steaming hot email from one of the contractors at the job site chewing me out because a delivery truck arrived with a 1200 pound delivery and the driver came in and told him he had to come out and get it off his truck. No lift-gate, no extra delivery man, no pallet jack, just "get it off my truck."

Since the driver arrived about 2 hours before he told my guy he would be there, my guy was not yet there to mediate or say "hey wait a minute, we paid for inside delivery."

I called the sales person I was working with and he agreed I should deduct $1200 from the invoice since I did not get the inside delivery. I did pay the $385, which was supposed to include a lift-gate delivery to the parking lot.

So when the paperwork gets through the system to the trucking company, $1200 short, they come un-glued. Their story is that my local guy did not tell the driver there were any stairs and he didn't have an extra man or pallet jack to deliver inside.

I counter with the explaination that THERE ARE NO STAIRS, we agreed to pay the extra $1200 for the extra man and pallet jack, and you did not provide it, so why should I pay for it?

Their responce? "OK, so how about we split the difference and you pay $750?"

I was so tick'ed off I had to restrain myself in my response. I reiterated what I had said before, and included cut and paste quotes from the ealier emails from them stating that they would deliver X for $Y dollars etc., and then set it aside to cool off before sending it.

As I was "cooling off" I remembered that I had kept the Bill of Lading and Delivery reciept.

The Bill of Lading was attached to the equipment and in plain view with highlighted in yellow the words "Inside delivery with liftgate, pallet jack and two men."

The delivery reciept - which is the paperwork the driver has you sign before he will let you unload the equipment saying that you recieved the shipment - says "Extra Man Delivery, Liftgate, Inside Delivery - All Floors."

So I scanned a copy of both and attached it along with a picture of the 1-story building and delivery door, along with additonal comments from me... including a request for reimbursement for the money I had paid for the liftgate delivery which was not provided.

That was last Friday. Today (Tuesday) I have not heard another word.

Jerks.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
ceejay (Admin)
Administrator
graph
Re:Customer Service 9 Years, 8 Months ago  
I've had a very similar experience, only without managing a big construction site - just trying to get furniture delivered.

They left it at the street!!!!

And that was AFTER I had paid the extra-delivery charge up front!

Oh was I mad - and hey, I can get mad all over again now just thinking about it!!!

GRRRRRR!

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

cedar (User)
graphgraph
Customer Service?

There is no customer service in today's world. It is just ridiculous the way companies care diddly squat about their reputations these days.

They figure they will get business no matter what so screw the customer service. I deal with it every day and have seen such a decline in customer appreciation it is mind boggling.

Logged Logged

StrawberryChica (User)
Newbie Survivor
graphgraph
Customer service sucks anymore. I am seriously annoyed with people who make you feel like you should be thanking THEM for waiting on you.

Logged Logged

KDN (Moderator)
graphgraph
Wow I would have been more then mad, can you report them to consumer protection? Or at least threaten it to them?

Logged Logged

lamy12 (User)
graphgraph
Customer Service.....huh? It seems everytime I get something done at my house there are issues. And when I confront them about the problem...I'm the bad guy? HUH? I'm a pain to them for asking to get what I paid for???? I just had a door replaced and paid an arm and a leg because it was an odd size.....so the guy puts on the door but does not have the proper size wood to frame the outside. SO he tries to tell me that that's something I have to take care of (even though I paid EXTRA for the whole thing.) OH WELL....I eventually got what I wanted...but customer service.....what's that? lamy

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Wednesday, 22 November 2017