Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Panic vs Anxiety.
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Panic vs Anxiety.

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
Ruth (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Panic vs Anxiety. 1 Year, 12 Months ago  
Well...

I'm glad I found this site.

This is all I want to do- rant, in a place where I might be understood. I have overused my ranting privileges with those in my life at the moment.

So, thank you for reading, whoever you are.

I read the definition for Anxiety and for Panic Attacks, and I realized what I have been calling anxiety is more like a 90%-of-life-constant-panic-attack.

I am really sick of feeling misunderstood.

I am really sick of feeling crazy.

I am really sick of feeling like I am like lazy and unproductive and selfish because I stop myself from accomplishing the things I would like to.

I have found out that I have PTSD. I left the situation physically causing this condition 3 years ago, but mentally it followed me until 2 years ago when I finally became aware of the Stockholm-Syndrome-like effect it still possessed me with.

Since that realization everything has made sense, and I have been consciously attempting to be the person that I would like to be.

It's a struggle. I can say that.

I break down, shake, cry, have frantic racing thoughts, freeze. It makes a lot of things in life difficult. And then I am extremely hard on myself because of that.

I'm finding it really hard to work full-time. I felt extremely ashamed to do this, but I went to seek income support, since my awesome country offers that.

But of course, health care without money is hard to find. And when I went to see the walk-in clinic doctor, I felt brushed aside as some insane and/or lazy leech of society.

So I voiced my thoughts and said, "This is pretty embarrassing."

Her reply was, "Yeah."

So that's all I get? I am insane?

Am I just condemned to being alone in my frantic thoughts, in my darkness (that no one else understands, or sees a purpose for, or a cause of, or seems to think that this is okay in any way)forever?

I am so sick of shaking until I end up hugging my knees everyday.

I am so sick of hiding the inner trembles when I speak to people until the sheer effort of the energy needed to hide what I am actually going through overwhelms me, exhausts me, wears me out, until I am completely physically, mentally, and emotionally useless.

I am sick of hiding this from my boyfriend because it is an inconvenient annoying truth that he would rather not hear about and this is apparently not under his list of "responsibilities".

I am sick of wanting to explain this to my dear sister-friends but knowing I cannot explain enough for them to understand. They can comfort, they can listen, until I wear them out too. And they have done their part as a good friend, they have listened. And they withdraw, to protect their own energy. As they should.

I am sick of not being able to work enough to provide what I need.

I am sick of getting anxious and feeling unworthy to go for what I care about.

Sometimes I feel like I can only be alone, alone with my demons. In a place where I can sort them out, where no one will have to see the mess of this.

And other times the mess becomes so loud, I am like an animal clawing to get out of a cage- someone, anyone, take me out of here.

And of course, they don't. Because I am the only one who can.
That's what life has taught me.

It's getting better, I suppose.
Writing this was great therapy.
So, thank you for that.

I'm sorry it doesn't all make too much sense... I don't particularly want to edit it and my thoughts have been pretty frantic.

So, if you would like to leave any sort of comment, I would really appreciate that. I like to talk about why things happen. (Eternally curious and analyzing, not necessarily negative-anxiety-causing; the curiosity is just me.

Thanks for your time.

Don't take on my negativity if you read it, please.

Blessings to you.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
tsuki (Admin)
Administrator
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Panic vs Anxiety. 1 Year, 12 Months ago  
Welcome Ruth, I am happy you found this forum a comfortable place of support.

Everything you've written makes sense to us. We've gone through the same thing and received quite the same reaction from those who tried to help and comfort us. We drain them, it's sometimes too too much.

I've been fortunate to have had great health insurance and a loyal support of immediate family,

Like you, I had been a victim of events long past yet impossible to forget. I've lived with PTSD and it's symptoms my whole life. Psyhiatry treatment and psychological theary helped me find the root of my fears. Medications helped me control them. One of the most important key to living without anxiety (aside from unconditional support) had been making life changes that helped promote self-healing and a healthy emotional and physical balance.

We're happy you're here and look forward to more posts. Writing in this forum provided a means to add to my all-important network of support. Sharing helps others see that they are not alone. Reading and commenting on other's posts helps us to want to help others therefore finding a way to help ourselves should physical support not exist.

I'm truly sorry about your difficulty in finding adequate psych help. Other avenues may be to look into no-profit organizations that provide both one-on-one and group counseling, Anxiety self-help groups structured somewhat like AA and counseling at your local churches. In the meanwhile, we will help in our way. Read around to find inspiration, especially from our "Survivor Stories" link. Stay active especially during these holidays season (which proves to be the most difficult time for all of us) Wishing you well . . hugs

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Tuesday, 21 November 2017