Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Why am i resisting going to get this sorted out?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Why am i resisting going to get this sorted out?

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
JIMM (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Why am i resisting going to get this sorted out? 9 Years, 3 Months ago  
I mean realy! I want to go and get some therapy, i've got some names and numbers down but i cant bring myself to make that call and change my life for the better! And im getting panicy justy writing this!

HELP!

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
ChristineB (User)
Major Contributing Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Why am i resisting going to get this sorted out 9 Years, 3 Months ago  
It cab be real nerve wracking when making that step to set up an appointment, and then following thru and going. Something that got me thru this when I started seeing someone (I have been going once a week for about 4 weeks now), is that when I went in there to meet him, I was just honest, I just came out and said I am nervous, but at the same time, what I kept thinking to myself was, 'its ok, these guys have probably seen it all and I am probably nothing new'. Thats why they're there. You may just end up being surprised with how comfortable to might be once you are actually in the situation, and if you end up feeling out of it etc. just tell them that, and then they will usually do most the talking.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

ceejay (Admin)
Administrator
graph
Re:Why am i resisting going to get this sorted out 9 Years, 3 Months ago  
JIMM -

Often we're just really used to being kind of "paralyzed" about taking any steps. Fear at its worst.

Do schedule time to make those calls and get to the appointments. No need to have HUGE expectations, especially in the beginning. You may need to even change therapists before you find the right one for you.

But having someone committed to being on our side, to helping us navigate through the tricky parts of recovery is a wonderful asset! I have had huge benefits from therapy - and I wish the same for you!

Ceejay

Logged Logged

finsout (User)
Involved Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Why am i resisting going to get this sorted out? 9 Years, 1 Month ago  
Believe it or not, some people don't want to recover. They would prefer to keep the anxiety because they think it helps them cope with life.

Logged Logged

harmonica (User)
Contributing Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Why am i resisting going to get this sorted out? 8 Years, 10 Months ago  
After dealing with PA off and on for 20 years, and having my 2nd bad holiday break in a row, I finally said "enough is enough". I started seeing a therapist last week. I've had 2 appointments. I was SO anxiety filled before the first one; afraid someone might see me go in, afraid of what going to one means, etc. But who cares? If it means getting control over my anxiety, I don't give a hoot who sees me or what they call me.

Had my 2nd appointment Monday and was SO looking forward to it for some reason. I am really excited about the process of getting better. And I don't know if it's that or stuff we've discussed, but have had no anxiety since going.

Go figure....

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Friday, 24 November 2017