Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Hypothyroidism and Anxiety
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Hypothyroidism and Anxiety

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
4Him (Admin)
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Hypothyroidism and Anxiety 7 Years, 1 Month ago  
I'm posting this on my blog but I thought I'd share what's going on with me in this forum as well regarding hypothyroidism and how it can affect you in the same way anxiety can. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism about ten years ago. At the time, I was having severe anxiety, forgetting things, unable to make even the smallest decision, felt overwhelmed, etc. It turned out to be my thyroid and I have been on the same dose of thyroid meds ever since. It was years later that I was diagnosed with panic disorder. In fact, when my doctor first told me, I thought it was my thyroid acting up again.

I had my doctor retest my thyroid two weeks ago because I had been crying alot, losing hair, felt depressed, had insomnia, was forgetting things and generally felt I was sinking back into anxiety and depression. These symptoms had come and gone over a period of three months or more. I finally was able to see my doctor--after about a month's wait. It turned out my TSH 4 levels were twice what they should have been and my doctor upped my medication for the first time in a decade.

It takes about 6 weeks before the thyroid medicine really takes effect, and right now I am still not sleeping at night, feel fatigued and have a racing heartbeat off and on. I also have short periods of anxiety and I pray through them.

Because the symptoms of hypothyroidism so closely resemble anxiety disorders, I thought I'd share the link to a booklet from the American Thyroid Association that explains all about it. I felt better after reading it. No one had ever fully explained hypothyroidism to me before. Someone on here may need this information, too. Especially the part about what foods not to eat or what not to drink in conjunction with thyroid meds. You can download the pdf and read it at your leisure.

www.thyroid.org/patients/brochures/Hypot...m%20_web_booklet.pdf

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

Last Edit: 2010/09/28 22:23 By
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaTools::whoisID() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 316
4Him.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
annieo (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Hypothyroidism and Anxiety 6 Years, 10 Months ago  
I just got around to seeing this now. Thank you so much for the link.I bookmarked it. I may at some point have to have part of my thyroid removed due to a goiter and this info. will be of great help. Also my son was born with congenital hypothyroidism and has been on thyroid hormone since he was 6 months old. He is 12 now and doing great. I am so thankful that babies are tested for this at birth. This article is something I will print out for him.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

4Him (Admin)
graphgraph
Re:Hypothyroidism and Anxiety 6 Years, 10 Months ago  
You are most welcome.

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Friday, 24 November 2017