Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Getting through without freaking out!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Getting through without freaking out!

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
KDN (User)
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Getting through without freaking out! 8 Years, 6 Months ago  
So for the last week I've been horribly sick, so sick at first I thought I might have that awful Swine flu, I felt like I had been hit by a train. Friday was the first day, Saturday was worse, Sunday I woke up feeling still run down but I was getting better. Every day seemed to get a little better until Wednesday... out of nowhere in the middle of the day it felt like my lungs were on fire, I could only take shallow breaths. At first I figured maybe I just smoked too much (I know I need to quite, working on it slowly) So I just figured I'd go to sleep, wake up and it would go away, boy was I wrong!
I woke up Thursday feeling worse then ever. I was getting dizzy from lack of oxygen, I knew I just had junk sitting in my lungs from this cold but I couldn't cough it up, even when I tried. I begged my husband to stay home, half from panic, but half because I knew I needed to either go to the ER or wait it out and hopefully get an appointment with my doctor. After some convincing he took the day off and I decided I could get by till 9 when the doctors opened (this was 5am, so it took some serious talking to myself to believe I could make it till 9am to call them LOL) I called them at 9am on the dot, and got an appointment for 10:45am. Okay only another hour and 45 minutes, so I tried not to let the panic get to me, which I did pretty good at.
Once I got to the doctor I was a little more nervous because I'm not a medication type of girl and I figured they were gonna give me antibiotics, so my fear level was pretty high. She told me she wasn't going to give me antibiotics (whoo hoo!!!) but instead was going to give me a breathing treatment, and my panic kicked in, I controlled it but all I wanted to do was run out of there. She came in with the machine and the meds for it and as much as I didn't want to I did it.
This is a huge thing for me, I won't even take an aspirin because I know it'll freak me out, so to be able to inhale this strange medicine I've never had before really took a lot, but I was almost panic free the whole time! I had to pull it away a few times because it was making me dizzy, and ended up stopping half way through the meds because it was effecting my head pretty bad, but I did take the inhaler she gave me and used it twice yesterday without too many bad side effects, and the best part is that I can breath again LOL
I know it's a small step, but a huge one at the same time and I figured I'd share it with you guys since you all have helped me get to where I am over the years. It's taking me some time, but it feels good to know I'm still moving forward even if it's a slow crawl, forward is a great feeling!

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
remo (Admin)
Administrator
graphgraph
Re:Getting through without freaking out! 8 Years, 6 Months ago  
Glad you made it, and I hope you get feeling better soon!

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

KDN (User)
graphgraph
Re:Getting through without freaking out! 8 Years, 6 Months ago  
Thanks Remo!

I am feeling much better today, doing some spring cleaning. My husband doesn't realise it yet but I'm having a birthday party for him next Saturday and there is some serious cleaning up that needs to be done LOL

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Thursday, 23 November 2017