Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
For those who dread long car rides
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: For those who dread long car rides

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
GYmike (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
For those who dread long car rides 9 Years, 5 Months ago  
I really hate driving long distances to places. Anything over an hour will really stress me out, especially now that summer is here and everyone wants to go somewhere for a vacation. Almost every single time i drove somewhere id have a really bad panic attack and spend the whole trip wondering where to go and what to do in case of an emergency. But the past few times ive gone ive tried something new. Instead of listening to music or relaxation music, i put in a stand up comedian CD. SOmething around the length of an hour. The results were amazing. No panic attack or anxiousness. I spend the whole time really listening to the comedian, thinking about what he says, agreeing, disagreeing, relating to their situations, and most importanatly, LAUGHING. The next thing you know, the CD is over and an hour has passed STRESS FREE. This little strategy has really helped me and i insist you guys try it and see if it works for you!

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
Kellybeth (User)
Driving Force Survivor
graphgraph
Re:For those who dread long car rides 9 Years, 5 Months ago  
Good idea!! May I suggest Mitch all together by Mitch Hedberg. www.mitchhedberg.net

This guy is so funny. (At least I think he is!!)
He passed away about a year ago but his comedy is so quick that you can't focus on anything else. If you check him out let me know what you think.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

cedar (User)
graphgraph
Re:For those who dread long car rides 9 Years, 5 Months ago  
I use the diversionary tactics as well while on a long drive. I listen to books on cd. I am listening to a bio on Woodrow Wilson called "When the Cheering Stopped". It is a great book that tells me things about the late President that I never knew or even imagined. I am a fan of biographies anyway.

I can see where the comedy would work well also. I will try it as well. I have some cd's of James Gregory and Killer Beez and Tim Wilson. Those guys are hysterically funny. But George Carlin was one of my all time faves may he rest in peace.

Logged Logged

BigRay (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:For those who dread long car rides 8 Years, 3 Months ago  
In April my Granddad turned 100. So I figured I'd drive out to the big family reunion birthday bash. I added several books and podcast to my I-pod and plugged that in to a adapter for the cassette.

The drive took 6 days back and forth. I planned to go to the Grand Canyon for one day but when I got to Flagstaff I was feeling ill from the elevation and having constant anxiety. So I drove to Phoenix quickly and the lower elevation was so, so, so nice. I still was very shaken up till the next morning.

I was mad that I let the anxiety win so I drove back up and got to the Grand Canyon and spent three hours up there anxiety and all. Driving back to Phoenix I fell horrible again but I was proud that I was able to go.

Without the distraction/help from all the books and music on my I-Pod, I know I never would have made it. Bill Cosby, Ray Romano, Jim Gaffigan and You Look Nice Today (podcast) all helped me a great deal.

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Monday, 20 November 2017