Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Lexapro and Nexium need Help
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Lexapro and Nexium need Help

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
jakemje (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Lexapro and Nexium need Help 2 Years, 12 Months ago  
It has been along time since I have been on here...almost 11 years. I had severe panic and agoraphobia 11 years ago. Was placed on Lexapro 10mg and my life completely changed. I was normal again.
For those many years, never had a problem, was married, then divorced, and now re-engaged to a wonderful lady. About 5 months ago, started having some acid reflux and my doctor put me on nexium.
About 4 months of taking the nexium, I woke up one night with chest pain, heart racing, sweating...ect. Thought I was having a "real" heart attack due to even when I had panic years prior, I never had the racing heartbeat. It went away in a few mins, and I realized that it was a panic attack. First one in over 10 years.
Went to the doc and found out that Nexium can affect the lexapro and that basically over time it had completely taken the lexapro out of my system (instead of it being in my system all day, it was releasing all at once)
Been having panic again since that day. That was back in the middle of October. Stopped taking the nexium cold turkey, and had been continuing to take the lexapro 10mg. After about 3 weeks, was still having severe panic attacks, and the doc upped my dose to 20mg. I have been on that now for about 7 days. Still getting the mild headaches, dizzy/not here feeling, and the tightness in my neck and shoulders. My panic normally occurs in public, or if I am alone.

I can't remember back when I started taking Lexapro how it made me feel and how long it took me to get to normal. Can anyone talk to me about this, or has anyone had the same problem before with medicine interactions?

Thank you for reading this long post and please any help will be greatly appreciated

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
tsuki (Admin)
Administrator
graphgraph
Re:Lexapro and Nexium need Help 2 Years, 12 Months ago  
Welcome back jakemje, I hope your anxiety didn't overtake your Thanksgiving Day celebration. I'm sorry that I cannot help you with this as I have no experience with Lexapro nor Nexium, but I'm sure that someone will be along shortly that can help you with what you're going through. I know that there are a few members who have experienced with Lexapro, so you might want to search the topic. Hope you have a wonderful weekend . . . hugs

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

sugar (User)
Involved Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Lexapro and Nexium need Help 2 Years, 11 Months ago  
Hi Jakemje, I was trialled on Lexapro some 5 years ago or so and I had the vague feelings and dizziness that you speak about. It was pretty bad and affected my driving so badly I felt it was too dangerous for me to get behind the wheel while I was on it. After 6 weeks of feeling like this my doctor decided to take me off it and I found an over the counter herbal supplement that took the edge off my anxiety without all of the side effects.
If Lexapro was working for you originally it would be good for you to remain on it. Your doctor should be able to trial other meds for your reflux that don't interact with the Lexapro. Unfortunately though this period of trial and error can take time until you find something that works. Meds interacting can be dangerous and tricky so take it easy.
Cheers

Logged Logged

concernedmom (User)
graphgraph
any way you remember the supplement's name
Even though, I would prefer to hear if someone was lucky enough to trip over something herbal but good to treat OCD, knowing your supplement name might be helpful to others in need.

Logged Logged

sugar (User)
Involved Survivor
graphgraph
Hi Concernedmom, no worries. I wrote about it years ago on here, I think it was my first ever post. I've had to really check my memory, but it was by a company called Bioglan and it is called Brain Support 'Brahmi+PS+Gingko' Focus 'Triple Action Brain Formula'. It is marketed for people who are in high stress situations, students or people working in 'environments requiring high levels of concentration and attention'. On all the packaging it only has one line related to anything here i.e. 'relieve nervous tension and mild anxiety'. I was desperate to try anything at the time so picked it up at the Chemist (in Australia). It took about a month but I noticed a definite difference. It took the edge off my anxiety and made my day to day more tolerable.

Logged Logged

concernedmom (User)
graphgraph
thank you, sugar.
Am I seeing a possibility that this herbal might be partially counterproductive to the people that suffer from Insomnia? Was it acting on you by increasing your alertness, which in return worsens Insomnia?

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Thursday, 23 November 2017