Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Xanax Question
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Xanax Question

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
jndyer (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Xanax Question 3 Years, 8 Months ago  
After many years of things going great I am in the middle of a new anxiety crisis. I am being very proactive and after only one week of accelerating symptoms I went to the doctor. The doctor wants me to increase my Paxil (just what I did not want to hear) from the 5mg I have been taking for the last year. I am to go back up to 20mg. I am really hoping that this is not as hard as the first time I had to go through this, hey at least this time I know to increase my Paxil at no more that 2.5mg a week and not the 5 to 10mgs they would like to see.

I have also been allowed to increase the amount of Xanax that I am using. So for the main question that I have, This morning I took a total of 1.25 mg of Xanax in just over an hour and a half period of time. It took it like two hours to start to work and then when it did I could barely function. Anxiety was all but gone but all I wanted to do is sleep. I ended up having to come home from work and the slept for like 4 or 5 straight hours. Is this typical with that amount of Xanax?

Another question, when you take Xanax, have any other experienced it taking over two hours for it to really cut into the anxiety?

Finally, I just want this latest episode to get back under control. I have gone over six years with out a panic attack and very little break through anxiety. I was able to go from 40mg Paxil, over 2.5 mg of Xanax and a bunch of Trazadone to sleep at night to 5mg of paxil and .25 to .5 mg of Xanax (many days I needed no Xanax) and no Trazadone.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
Robert (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Xanax Question 3 Years, 7 Months ago  
Jndyer, I am going to post a Xanax question also, but thought first I could offer a response to your question. I just started on Xanax 2 weeks ago. I find that if I combine the Xanax with some deep breathing, reframing, positive thought, it seems to relieve the panic (make it manageable) within 15-30 minutes. However, if I am in the middle of a project and feel a panic attack coming, it's not always convenient for me to do the deep breathing, etc. During those times it has not been unusual for the Xanax to take much longer to help. Today I had to close my office door for at least half an hour so my staff wouldn't see me sprawled out on my floor doing breathing! Since I am just starting on Xanax, I am at doses of .5mg 4x daily. But if I feel panic starting, I have taken an additional .5mg to curb the panic. It does make me sleepy, so I have been standing up to work at my desk or go for a brisk walk down the hall. Seems to help. So not surprising to me, new as I am, that 1.25 would make you sleepy. Also I find that if I take Xanax at early symptoms of the panic attack, it seems to work faster than if I wait until the panic attack is close or occurring. The question I am going to ask is what dosages do others use of Xanax to actually stop the panic, rather than just make it manageable, like I am doing.
Hope things go better for you. Rob

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Saturday, 18 November 2017