Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Oops? What Medication am I ON?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Oops? What Medication am I ON?

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139

Bunny (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Oops? What Medication am I ON? 5 Years, 7 Months ago  
Hello Internet People;

This is a confusing forum question...

I few months ago I started taking CIPRALEX (escitalopram oxalate).

At first I felt a HUGE increase in my anxiety. I got through that; and it eventually really helped me

After two months I moved provinces (Hi! I'm Canadian )

I went to see a doctor in my new province to get a NEW prescription (a prescription from one province doesn't work in another)

he gave me a prescription for CELEXA (cilatopram) and told me it was the SAME THING.

I never filled my new prescription. I was feeling good, and I figured my new living situation would keep me from becoming depressed/panicky again. I slowly came off of LEXAPRO.

Well, I was wrong to do that! After a few months I relapsed
Anyway, I recently filled that prescription for CELEXA, and dreaded that terrible increase in anxiety that comes with starting the meds.

I was so confused because IT NEVER CAME! I started feeling super drowsy but not irritated like I did the first time.

I went to the doctor today, and told her how I was on LEXAPRO and it was making me drowsy. She wrote me a prescription for a higher dose of LEXAPRO.

I just returned home and realized I'M NOT ON LEXAPRO I'M ON CELEXA....ARGH! No wonder I was having a different experience!

I feel betrayed that the first doctor I saw told me that it was the same medication. I DO NOT FEEL THE SAME!

Anyway, the real reason I am writing this is because I would like to switch from CELEXA to LEXAPRO now. (since that is what my new prescription is for)

Do I have to wean off of one before starting the other, or can I just start taking it?

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

tsuki (Admin)
Administrator
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Oops? What Medication am I ON? 5 Years, 7 Months ago  
Hi Bunny, you might want to get in touch with your Dr. for advice. We're all different. I know that I had a short period where I cut back on one until I was able to start substituting with the other. Only you physician should advise you on this. I hope the confusion is resolved and you start to feel better soon given the right meds and dosage . . . hugs

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Tuesday, 21 November 2017