Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Celexa....... any advice or experiance?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Celexa....... any advice or experiance?

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
Irish (User)
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Celexa....... any advice or experiance? 6 Years, 9 Months ago  
You need to give your Dr. a call right away and tell her or him what's going on. They know meds work differently on everyone. Take care...Ed

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
brelltt (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Celexa....... any advice or experiance? 6 Years, 7 Months ago  
I have been on Celexa for almost a year and I will tell you when I started on it, it instantly helped with depression and I started to feel great and when I upped to the 20mg that I was told I started to feel worse and have more anxiety because it made me dizzy and almost took away my ability to cry/sweat etc anything with bodily fluid! I talked to my Dr and we went back to the 10mg and I felt great again and now I only take 5mg and I take it at night as I can sleep through any side effects. I am on a very small dose but do find it helps even if it is a placebo effect that I am experiencing

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

ARfire17 (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Celexa....... any advice or experiance? 6 Years, 2 Months ago  
::::UPDATE:::::::

I have been on celexa now since about january 5th... i lowered my dose to 10 mg from 20mg about 2 months ago... i am considering coming off of this medicine all together due to the weight gain i have experienced from this ... last year i was able to lose 30 pounds and felt in great shape, meanwhile in the last few months of taking this medicine i have put it all back on plus some... im not sure that the medicine itself puts weight on .. but my appetite has been through the roof on it.... example.. just the other day i ate TWO footlong subs from subway and was still hungry after...... any thoughts? its almost impossible for me to limit what i eat because i still feel hungry... also has anyone taken this and stopped and noticed weight loss????

Logged Logged

sweetmama (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Celexa....... any advice or experiance? 6 Years, 1 Month ago  
I am also on Celexa and have actually had weight loss since starting it. I have virtually no appetite and have to force myself to eat. My therapist is not too concerned as long as it does not go to an extreme. Perhaps see if a different one would work. I had good results maintaining my weight while on Cymbalta.

Logged Logged

Kamebard (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Celexa....... any advice or experiance? 6 Years, 1 Month ago  
I just started on Celexa - was on 10mg the past month and I was in the same boat. No appetite and having to force myself to eat. I can't even eat ice cream anymore as it makes me feel yucky... Upped the dosage to 20mg today. Going to see how things go from here - if the non-appetite continues after a couple more weeks, I'll get the Dr. to try something else (although everyone else in the family seems to have had great results from the Celexa).

The plus side is that going from 5mg to 10mg has gotten me down to the 1 panic attack every other day or so, so hopefully the 20mg will almost eliminate them (or perhaps 30-40mg)....

Logged Logged

32oz. (User)
Contributing Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Celexa....... any advice or experiance? 5 Years, 4 Months ago  
I recently started celexa. I had been med free for a few months earlier this year but things got sketchy and decided to go back on meds to get things straight.

Anyway .. I have unfortunately experienced some gnarly side effects. Mostly the delightful foggy/haze feeling in the brain. And I'm tired almost all the time. Its slowly getting better. All I can say is stick with it. It needs to find its way into your system. Give it a week or two ... maybe 10mg was ideal for you. I started on 20 but I hated how I felt. Backed off for a few weeks. Felt like poop so I started the meds again. My doc says stick with it for a few weeks.

Hang in there and let it get in your system. Don't jump the gun with these meds, everybodys system is different

Kyle

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Thursday, 23 November 2017