Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Celexa....... any advice or experiance?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Celexa....... any advice or experiance?

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
ARfire17 (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Celexa....... any advice or experiance? 6 Years, 10 Months ago  
I was on buspar for 6 weeks and after nearly going insane my dr took me off of them for a few months replaced it with xanax as needed... now the dr put me on celexa 20mg 1 a day.... im a little nervous to take it as i dont know what to expect from it ,,,,, anyone have any experience with it or advice to help me calm down?? i think the worst thing i did was look online for reviews it seems people only write down the bad stuff i assume...

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
annieo (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Celexa....... any advice or experiance? 6 Years, 10 Months ago  
Hi!

Unfortunately each person reacts differently to different medications. You just don't know. For me Celexa just made me really irritable. I was just down right nasty which is totally out of character for me. That was the only side effect I noticed. I didn't continue taking it because of the irritability. I know several people who have taken celexa and it worked great for them. I think the only way you'll know is to try it.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

pixiedust (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Celexa....... any advice or experiance? 6 Years, 10 Months ago  
Hi there, I took Celexa for 2 years (for GAD) and had a very good experience with it, it helped wipe out the GAD at that time. Side effects were minimal, but I gained 20lbs. YMMV, not everyone gains weight on ADs!

This time I'm on Effexor XR (b/c of the weight gain risks) but I did have a good experience on Celexa

Logged Logged

ARfire17 (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Celexa....... any advice or experiance? 6 Years, 9 Months ago  
Thanks everyone for the replies! Ive now been on celexa a little over a week and I have to say I feel like a million bucks! I started out on 10mg a day and it was working wonders After day 3 which is very suprising from an ssri only side effect I've experienced has been feeling a little extra tired And sleeping about 10-12 hours a night however I'll take that anyday over feeling tense all day and panic attacks, last few days have been milestones for my recovery as I haven't done anything at all in nearly a month and a half , I have been able to travel around and just enjoy what life has to offer! I guess so far I'm a success story I sure hope it keeps up!
Now yesterday I upped my dosage to 20 mg as instructed by my dr so well see how this works And I'll update
Thanks again for the replies and god bless

Logged Logged

pixiedust (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Oooohhh, I am so glad everything is going well so far!! Hang in there, wishing you good luck and a great recovery with your med xoxo hugs!

Logged Logged

ARfire17 (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
A few days into this upped dosage... and to be truthful i feel like its causing me more anxiety... when i was taking 10 mg it was helping almost instantly .. and now i kinda feel like im going backwards... but im going to continue to stick with the 20 mg for the next few days and see if it gets better... im hoping that its just my body adjusting to the medicine ..... will keep you posted... pixie.. thanks for the input i really appreciate it... i guess im feeling a little let down because the first week (although it was fast) was amazing and the medicine worked wonders.. but now that i upped it like i said im unsure..

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Monday, 20 November 2017