Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Prozac Trial
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Prozac Trial

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
rippelk2 (User)
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Prozac Trial 9 Years, 2 Months ago  
I had written a thread about this a whiles back about peoples experiences from prozac and trying to make my decision to take it or not...

I have been putting this off and trying to make a decision for about a year now. I have gotten a lot of blood tests done to make sure nothing is wrong with me. Everything has come back normal although I do have a high level of copper in my body but I dunno what that means. I told myself if my tests came back positive that I would try this prozac now. 10mg of it once a day.

I heard that it makes you very tired and fatigued and it doesn't matter what time a day you take it since it is so long acting so I am taking it at around 7 at night to help with feelings of fatigue. I don't know much because I took my first one last night. All I know is I am excruciatingly tired. And I got plenty of sleep last night. I am frightened abotu side effects and do hope that I don't give myself any of them.

Thought I would let you all know. I have started prozac and am going to give it a fair chance and pray that this is the answer to my problems. i've been putting SSRI's off for a long time and I'm desperate enough to try it now. I hope it will help with my anxiety/panic overall but especially when it comes to driving and working and going to my classes. Basically my everyday responsibilities. I also hope to be able to socialize like I once used to before the onset of this panic 3 years ago.

I will keep you all posted on my experience with prozac because I did just see ChristineB just posted something about being curious about prozac. I'll be your guinnea pig

I'm frightened but I'm desperate.

Wish me luck!

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

Last Edit: 2008/10/23 17:55 By
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaTools::whoisID() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 316
ceejay.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
jennybean (User)
Major Contributing Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Well, I took my first prozac yesterday 9 Years, 2 Months ago  
Please let us know how it goes. I wish you luck! Could I ask what your diagnosis is? Depressed? Panic disorder?

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

rippelk2 (User)
graphgraph
I was diagnosed with panic disorder with agoraphobia. I don't think I've been diagnosed with depression, but I was diagnosed about 3 years ago and I have been pretty depressed because of this ruining so much of my life for about a year and a half now.

Logged Logged

Kellybeth (User)
Driving Force Survivor
graphgraph
It is kinda like which came first the chiken or the egg! Am I depressed because I'm anxious or anxious because I'm depressed? It seems they go hand in hand.

Good luck to you Rippelk. I hope this is what you need to help you over this 'hump'.

Logged Logged

rippelk2 (User)
graphgraph
So I wanted to give an update on how the prozac has gone since my first one on saturday night. It is now Tuesday night and things actually haven't been going too well for me. I'm really upset because it gets me even more down that no matter what I try, I still am tortured daily by this incessant anxiety and panic...

Anyways, I have been extremely tired all the time yet unable to sleep. I have been really nauseous and this has actually made me feel more panicky than normal. I can't figure out if these are side effects of the actual pill or if I am having a type of "placebo" effect where I am so worried about this pill and what it'll make me feel like, and the fact that I still have to take it with my xanax, that I may quite well be doing this all to myself. But there is no way to know which is very frustrating.

Classes today were hell. I didn't get one minute of sleep last night (literally) and was up tossing and turning all night with a really heavy chest and and sharp pains in my chest as well. Every time I would relax I would remember how I wasn't sleeping and how I felt and that I hvae 10 hours worth of classes on tues/thurs(8:10-6STRAIGHT). I was so nauseous when I woke up and couldn't stop shaking. I almost didn't go to my classes but then the pressure of missing all my classes and all that work I might miss just makes me worry about my grades and all that pressure...I went, I made it through the whole day, but it was hell. I am proud of myself though.

Tomorrow I have to hand a test out to a class of 40 students I don't know for my PSY research intern project..I'm having a heart attack about it..I thought I was going to have wednesday to relax, but my teacher just threw this at me tonight.

I hate growing up...

I hope that this gets better. Does anyone know how long side effects usually take to go away???

Logged Logged

SkyBird (User)
Involved Survivor
graphgraph
rippelk2 hang in there. I've never been on meds but have had those days from hell and all I can say is just hang in there. You probably are having somewhat of a placebo effect just because you know you are on a new drug and that adds more anxiety. Do you have a cognitive therapy plan to go along with the meds?

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Monday, 20 November 2017