Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Fearless: Trust God More, Fear Less
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Fearless: Trust God More, Fear Less

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139

4Him (Admin)
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Fearless: Trust God More, Fear Less 7 Years, 6 Months ago  
Max Lucado is a pastor of a church in San Antonio and is a best selling author with over 65 million books in print. Max Lucado wrote the book, Fearless. His book talks about God not wanting us to live in fear. He states that fear is an emotion. You can be afraid and not sin. I read Fearless last year and it was really insightful. Based on the wonderful response to his book, Max Lucado held a Town Hall Discussion on Fearless. You can see the video for Part 1 here: http://vimeo.com/5620078 and Part 2 here: http://vimeo.com/6104555

It is very inspiring and enlightening.

On the last video portion for Breaking Free Bible study, Beth Moore said something similar to what Max Lucado said in his book, Fearless. She said, "Being free from a stronghold of fear doesn't mean you'll never be afraid. You may still be tempted to fear, but you can press through the fear because of God's presence in you--it (the fear) doesn't hinder you." It no longer has a stronghold over you that keeps you paralysed or unable to do what God has called you to do.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

Last Edit: 2010/05/06 05:51 By
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaTools::whoisID() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 316
4Him.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

AdventuresWithAgoraphobia (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Fearless: Trust God More, Fear Less 7 Years, 3 Months ago  
The thing is, when these pastors and even the bible talk about fear, I don't think they meant panic disorder fear. They only mean the other type of fear, like fear of people, etc.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

4Him (Admin)
graphgraph
The Bible talks about all kinds of fear, even panic. David especially comes to mind, as well as Moses.

There is no fear that is stronger than God, and when the Spirit of God is present in a believer's life, fear is not. Now this can change from moment to moment. I have proved that out. If I allow my mind to focus on my fears, my faith will shrink. But if I focus on the greatness of my God and the power of the Spirit of the Lord in me, and that God loves me and will take care of me, that He is in control of all things, then I am able to keep panic at bay. I have been doing that for the past 4 years. It was not easy at first. My nervous system was broken for many different reasons. But after crying out to God for help, He began stitching my mind back together and inviting me to help in the process by meditating on His Word and discovering the power of His love. I tore down the wallpaper of deception in my mind and put up God's Truth. And my mind is still being renewed and restored as I walk with Him day by day and read His revelation to me in His Word.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/08/02 06:34 By
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaTools::whoisID() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 316
4Him.

AdventuresWithAgoraphobia (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Where specifically does the bible talk about panic fear?

Logged Logged

4Him (Admin)
graphgraph
Mark 14:33 says about Jesus, He took Peter, James, and John with Him, and He began to be deeply distressed and horrified. Holman Christian Bible

New International Version Bible says to be deeply distressed and troubled.

A more indepth translation from the Greek dictionary of to be deeply distressed and troubled is to be overwhelmed, distressed, alarmed. This is from the Hebrew Greek Key Word Study Bible. I have felt deeply distressed, troubled, horrified, alarmed, and overwhelmed during a panic attack. I have been encouraged to know that Jesus struggled with fear and panic in those last hours in the Garden of Gethsemane but after praying to His Father in Heaven, He arose strengthened and resolved to submit to the perfect will of God. Max Lucado talks about His victory in the book, Fearless.

Romans 8:15 For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by Him we cry, Abba, Father.

The Greek word for fear in this verse means terror, dread, terrible; the verb form means to flee or run away from. I cannot tell you how many times panic sent me running away, usually to my bedroom to get under the sheets or to my husband for him to hold me.

Psalm 94:19 When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.

No explanation needed on this one.

Isaiah 35:4 Say to those with fearful hearts, Be strong, do not fear, your God will come. He will come to save you.

The Hebrew word for fearful and fear in this verse means to be dreadful, terrify, make afraid, the emotion and intellectual anticipation of harm. This definition comes from the Complete Word Study of the Old Testament.

2 Timothy 1:7 For God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

The Greek definition for fear in this verse means to shrink for fear. I experienced this kind of fear during my first or second year of panic back in 2002 or 2003. One day my husband tried to coax me out of the bedroom because I had begun to believe the bedroom was my only safe place. I can still remember almost crossing the threshold and then I pulled my hand out of his and told him I could not do it. I could not make myself leave that room no matter how hard I wanted to leave it.

Isaiah 43:1 Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
The word fear in this verse is the same Hebrew word as in Isaiah 35,4 above.

Philippians 4:4-6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Speaks to anxiety in all its forms.

These are just a few Scriptures that I have meditated on and prayed. Two years or so ago I posted all that I used to defeat my panic attacks in a post in the Panic Survivor Help/Inspirational Forum.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/08/02 21:51 By
4Him.
Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Monday, 20 November 2017