Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Psalm 121, Encouragement for the Week
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Psalm 121, Encouragement for the Week

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
4Him (Admin)
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Psalm 121, Encouragement for the Week 7 Years, 10 Months ago  
Psalm 121
The LORD Our Protector
A song of ascents.
1 I raise my eyes toward the mountains.
Where will my help come from?
2 My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

3 He will not allow your foot to slip;
your Protector will not slumber.

4 Indeed, the Protector of Israel
does not slumber or sleep.

5 The LORD protects you;
the LORD is a shelter right by your side.
6 The sun will not strike you by day,
or the moon by night.

7 The LORD will protect you from all harm;
He will protect your life.

8 The LORD will protect your coming and going
both now and forever.
Holman Christian Standard Bible

I completed Beth Moore's Bible Study on the Psalms of Ascent a couple of years ago. One thing that I remember from that study is this question: How do we reconcile this psalm of protection when perhaps we were not protected from harm in the past? She gave two reminders: (1) If we were living outside the perfect will of God then we were living outside the umbrella of His protection, and (2) Nothing happens to us that has not first been sifted through His fingers. In other words, God intends to use it for our ultimate good--otherwise, it gets a "no"! In Believing God, she cited the warning of Jesus to Peter (Luke 22:30-32): "Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers." (NIV) Beth Moore suggested that Jesus would not have allowed Simon to be sifted as wheat, unless there was something in Simon Peter that needed sifting. After his sifting season, God used Peter to encourage many and to bring many into a close, personal relationship with God. He became one of the giant "pillars" of faith.

I was not living in the perfect will of God when panic struck. There were many things I needed sifted from my life, and it took going through all I went through with panic and depression so I would let God deal with me. I'm still a work in progress, but I am no where near the mess I had been since childhood. I've been freed of so many phobias, so many negative thoughts, that kept me from walking with God, as well as truly loving other people, and from being the person God created me to be. God is after a personal, intimate relationship with us; and He loves us so much, He "will use any method to bring us to the place where we can receive all He has for us. God is for us, not against us!" (Beth Moore)

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

Last Edit: 2010/01/04 17:42 By
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaTools::whoisID() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 316
4Him.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
fablegirl (User)
Involved Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Psalm 121, Encouragement for the Week 7 Years, 9 Months ago  
Hello 4Him: I know you wrote this post a month ago, but I was reading it and had some
questions for you...I want to know more about living the perfect will of GOD...What is the perfect will of God ? Are there rules to follow? I guess I am just seeking some spiritual guidance ( I do not go to church)..I would like to be cured of this panic stuff, and If God can do this for me, I want it to happen..If you have time, please explain about this "living the perfect will of God"...But also address the fact that all men have sinned and fallen short of the will of God...How can anyone live the perfect will of God if we are mere humans., Thanks for any information you can provide..Fablegirl

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

4Him (Admin)
graphgraph
Hello, Fablegirl,

To know God's will, you need to know God. This kind of knowing comes from having a close, personal relationship with Him. Henry Blackaby said in his book, Experiencing God, that God's kind of love always seeks His best for each person. You come to know God and His will for you as you read and study His Word and spend time with Him in prayer--which is just telling God what is on your heart. I encourage you to get Beth Moore's Bible study, Breaking Free. After doing the homework in the study workbook, I promise you that you will know God more and His will for your life more than anything I could tell you. Breaking Free helped me break free from panic, depression, and negative thought patterns that were ruining my life.

In answer to your last quote that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, God's Word says But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Since we have now been justified by His blood....Justified means that our sins have been forgiven and we get do-overs. When we accept Jesus Christ as our Saviour we get to experience the five benefits of being children of God. Beth Moore talks about these in Breaking Free:
1) to know God and believe Him
2) to glorify God
3) to find satisfaction in God
4) to experience God's peace
5) to enjoy God's Presence

I know this is long but I hope I answered your questions. I had trouble posting this so you may get this a few times before it comes through on here.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/02/10 03:20 By
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaTools::whoisID() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 316
4Him.

fablegirl (User)
Involved Survivor
graphgraph
Thanks so much for your response..I will definitely look for "Breaking Free"...
Have a GReat day...

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Thursday, 23 November 2017