Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Looking for suggestions
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Looking for suggestions

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
cerridwyn (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Looking for suggestions 6 Years ago  
I'm considering trying alternative supports for my dysthemia and anxiety and insomnia.

I know about St. John's Wort, just read something about Gingko Biloba (need to research that more).

I know yoga helped me a lot in the past, so that's definitely high on my list of alternative supports.

I'm looking for other suggestions of things that may/could help. I'd like to thoroughly research my options and approach this methodically and responsibly.

I'm not sure if this is a viable idea but I'm really tired of being reliant on pills & doctors to live a happy fulfilling life. I'd like to be reliant on myself to make my life that.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
ceejay (Admin)
Administrator
graph
Re:Looking for suggestions 5 Years, 12 Months ago  
I used a lot of massage therapy and added in aromatherapy. The massage work (once or twice a week for three months) helped teach my muscles how to relax, and what it FELT like to be relaxed. And the aromatherapy helped me associate that kind of relaxation with certain smells.

Then, I could use those smells at home, and my body sort of "knew" how to relax. It has been an amazing addition to my recovery from Panic and Anxiety.

I also use guided meditation. The best CDs I've ever found were on www.healthjourneys.com and the work of Belleruth Naperstek. I'm not associated with her or her site at all, except as a VERY satisfied customer.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

cerridwyn (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Looking for suggestions 5 Years, 12 Months ago  
ceejay, thanks for the suggestions. I will start adding in meditation and tying aromatherapy with it. I hadn't thought to do that.

Logged Logged

zeekluva24 (User)
Newbie Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Looking for suggestions 5 Years, 8 Months ago  
I have tried everything under the sun for my anxiety and found that meditation, yoga and deep belly breathing techniques work well for me. The meditation and belly breathing really help when I find myself unable to go to sleep. A great source of information is www.anxietystation.com/.

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Saturday, 18 November 2017