Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Sound Sensitivity

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
cerridwyn (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Sound Sensitivity 7 Years, 8 Months ago  
I'm extremely sensitive to sound. If it gets too loud I start with the anxiousness, fight or flight reactions. I know that my threshold is very low.

It makes some public outtings & even at home difficult,

Any suggestions for helping to decrease the sensitivity.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
lamy12 (Moderator)
graphgraph
Re:Sound Sensitivity 7 Years, 8 Months ago  
Hi! I was reading on the internet about sound sensitivity and it looks like there are lots of medical reasons for it as well as an association with OCD and phobias. I would start with an ENT and/or counselor and go from there. Hugs, lamy

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

distilledmoon (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Sound Sensitivity 5 Years, 3 Months ago  
I went out to dinner with friends one evening and my chair was at the end of the table closest to the kitchen. I had a difficult time hearing my friends talk, and an even more difficult time not eavesdropping on the servers and cooks!

That night was horrible trying to balance the loud bar feet away, the kitchen behind me, and my friends, I began to feel woozy and sick. When I finally excused myself, i ran outside and did not go back in. I think at one point in the night my anxiety plus a strange case of sound sensitivity really got to me. When I left that place, I saw that it was packed, and quite literally loud enough to hear conversations from across the street. Maybe I was hyper vigilant, or super sensitive, but that was a weird occurrence.

I am not one for having issues with crowds ect, but that definitely kept me away from busy places for a while.

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Thursday, 23 November 2017