Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
How they do it in Japan...?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: How they do it in Japan...?

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139

concernedmom (User)
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
How they do it in Japan...? 6 Years, 3 Months ago  
Japanese approach to dealing with depression...

If willing to: scroll through! (it isn't a long page). It has something to say:... well, different from what we are used to think about it...

moritaschool.com/content/japanese-psychology

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Irish (User)
graphgraph
Re:How they do it in Japan...? 6 Years, 3 Months ago  
The last paragraph is definitely taught in Western culture. People with depression wake up to the awful "dread" ( I experience that to this day. ) The best way to fight this is to force yourself to get up and move on with your life anyway. The first hour of being awake can be very dreadful, but as you keep doing things in your routine you begin to feel better and the dread departs to a major degree. So the cultures are the same in that respect among the teachings of the psychiatrists. The difference lies in following the advice. In the Western culture we have a tendency to want something else solve the problem other than ourselves (self-included here) We want the meds and other things whatever they may be to allow us to escape the problem rather than face it. It's a human tendency, however, in the Japaneese culture the discipline is so highly emphasized with EVERYTHING that fighting the problem is the only alternative the psychiatrists give the patient as long as they're not out of control. Their society, like the German society is all based on discipline. Two nations of Marines would be another way to put it.
Also reading the 3rd paragraph is incredibly accurate and right on. People who commit suicide have tried it all and nothing seems to work so they just say the hell with it. Enough is enough, I can't take it anymore. I hope some of this helps as well. Oh, and some people try to commit suicide without consciously realizing it because they don't want to face it as well as the problem. An example would be a risk taker whether driving a car or just taking risking chances in their daily lives. Not safe about anything. Take care....Ed

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

memyselfanxiety (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:How they do it in Japan...? 6 Years ago  
I can definitely relate to this article because I was able to control my anxiety through conscious efforts and mindfulness.

It is true that most of us want a problem to be eradicated very quickly, I was one of them, but the truth is if you go through the effort of changing your lifestyle when something is wrong, then you produce long-term results.

Take it one step at a time!!

memyselfanxiety.com

Logged Logged

concernedmom (User)
graphgraph
Re:How they do it in Japan...? 5 Years ago  
www.psychologytoday.com/blog/dont-try-ha...ractions-and-anxiety

this psych dr isn't coming from Japan but he's telling us that facing the fears is the best way to overcome them.

Logged Logged

Myk (User)
Contributing Survivor
graphgraph
That psychology today article is extremely wrong and would just as likely send anyone taking their advice into PTSD than cure them.

I was just there getting an IV without anything. I was pushing PTSD time frames getting over it.

Exposure is a good thing but you take it slow.
You don't just jump in to show yourself you can do it. You don't put your head in a cage full of rats to get over a fear of rats. That kind of thinking reinforces the fear, it doesn't cure it.

I have a spider fear. I had tarantulas for a long time. Over the years I learned how spiders move and their abilities. My spider fear has gone way down.
I didn't have people put spiders on me. That would've made the fear real.

Logged Logged

concernedmom (User)
graphgraph
it's rare...

that people have identical opinion about same problems: so that applies about the CBT, too. I am aware that no same CBT would do exact results to the different people in the same time frame, but that's why this Dr. is known for another theory: Don't try harder, try different...Nothing is set in stone but that we all are going to die one day. So everything is subject to change and modification.
People afraid of driving on highway, for example, will only overcome that one day if they start getting on highway by at least couple miles at the time.
How did people become addicted to: tobacco, drugs and/or alcohol when definitely they weren't born addicted. You will hear that most of them hated the smell and the taste of it, but they slowly and gradualy were taking it and became addicted to doing it non-stop.
If you don't try something you will not know if you can go through it suceessfully or not.
I am not Dr of any sort, even though I was on the road to become one. This Dr practices Psychology and it's dirrector of the center at the Hospital he works at: I belive he knows way more than me.

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Thursday, 23 November 2017