Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
SIDS The hidden truth. Please read
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: SIDS The hidden truth. Please read

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139

CatWoman (User)
Major Contributing Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
SIDS The hidden truth. Please read 9 Years, 1 Month ago  
Hi everyone.

It's been a while since I have been on here but I have found some info that I think is really important and would like to share it with as many people as I can.

I am going to become a grandmother just after Xmas and have been researching into SIDS (Cot death/Crib death) as it has become such a widely spread unexplained issue and is something I worry about. Then I came across this web site

www.cotlife2000.com/

which was put up by

T J Sprott OBE
MSc PhD FNZIC
Consulting chemist
Forensic scientist.

I implore anyone who has a baby or is having a baby or knows someone who they can pass this info onto to click on the link and read it.

Below is an extract from one of the pages on the abovementioned website. Thank you all for reading.

Cheers, Cat

Cot Life 2000
Facts about cot death (SIDS)

* Cot death (SIDS, crib death) is not a medical matter. It is caused by poisonous gases generated in the baby's sleeping environment.

* The gases concerned are phosphines, arsines and stibines, which are all extremely toxic nerve gases.

* The gases are produced in a baby's cot (or other sleeping environment) by the action of common household fungus on compounds of phosphorus, arsenic and antimony present in the mattress and in certain other bedding. The danger of cot death increases as a mattress is re-used from one baby to the next.

* Babies can be protected from this gaseous poisoning by enclosing mattresses in a gas-impermeable cover which is itself not capable of the gas generation concerned, and using on top of the wrapped mattress specified bedding which is also not capable of that gas generation. For details of the mattress-wrapping protocol, click on the sidebar heading How to prevent cot death (SIDS).

* Breastfeeding does not prevent cot death.

* Smoking does not cause cot death.

* Sleeping a baby with feet to the foot of the cot does not prevent cot death.

* Face-up sleeping is only a partial preventive against cot death. Many babies have died sleeping face-up on unwrapped mattresses.

* Cot death is not a syndrome. The term "SIDS" (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) is a misnomer.

* The physiological effect of the toxic gases which cause cot death is to de-activate a certain vital enzyme in the body (the cholinesterase enzyme). As the gas is ingested into the baby's body (by breathing in and/or absorption through the skin), more and more of the enzyme is de-activated, until eventually there is insufficient enzyme left to support life. The function of the cholinesterase enzyme is to ensure that nerve impulses from the brain are transmitted to the various parts of the body which act upon the impulses. If sufficient gas is ingested, the nerve impulses "telling" the lungs to breathe don't reach the lungs and the baby stops breathing. Shortly after this occurs, heart function ceases, and death follows very soon afterwards.

* This explains why cot death babies do not show physical symptoms. The babies were not ill in the medical or physiological sense; they were poisoned by environmental gaseous poisoning.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

earthmama (User)
graphgraph
Re:SIDS The hidden truth. Please read 9 Years, 1 Month ago  
Interesting, but I thought the Oasis Pub was a place for relaxing, passing along funny jokes and cool things that are happening to you and yours.

Congrats on your upcoming grandma-hood!

Please try to enjoy it instead of scaring yourself about all of the "what ifs".

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

StrawberryChica (User)
Newbie Survivor
graphgraph
Hi there Catwoman, miss you! Give Lizzie a hug for me!

Logged Logged

CatWoman (User)
graphgraph
Hi Chica,

Will do. Lizzie is starting to do well again and I am very proud of her. Hope you and yours are all going fine too.

Logged Logged

CatWoman (User)
graphgraph
Hi earthmama,

Yes, I wasn't sure which category to put this under as it is not anxiety related, not testing, blowing off steam or welcoming anyone so this was the only other spot. But if the mods want to move it I am sure they will.

I am not stressing about the 'what ifs' this is simply a case of reaching out to inform as many people as I can about what is not published on the 'official' SIDS web sites. People can choose to believe what they like but if no one points them towards this OTHER important info then they remain only half informed.

I have long believed that we live with far too many toxic chemicals in our lives and where practical try to limit them. It makes sense to me that it can not do a baby with their underdeveloped little respiratory system any good to be breathing in toxic chemicals when they are sleeping. Many people would not even think about it but mattresses contain fire retardant and pvc. Chemicals are in textile manufacture, clothing, bedding, car seats. These things give off toxic fumes. It is nothing to panic about but being aware can allow a person to take precautionary action by way of knowing what products to stay away from if they feel they need to.

Logged Logged

ceejay (Admin)
Administrator
graph
Hi Catwoman.

I have been out of pocket lately, sorry! I would have moved this earlier.

Your post and your resources are fine - somewhere here on the site, just not in The Oasis Pub.

I've moved it to Article Discussion, but if you also want to post about it in Generalized Anxiety Disorder or any other place where you feel it may speak to others, and where you can share about your own ways of dealing with the fears and anxiety I hope you do that!!

Congratulations on the upcoming birth!! Babies are life-changing wonders! I can't wait for a "grand" of my own!

Hugs,

Ceejay

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Saturday, 18 November 2017