Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Strange smell sensation
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Strange smell sensation

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
whyme (User)
Involved Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Strange smell sensation 2 Years, 10 Months ago  
I have been experiencing a new symptom lately. I have a strange smell sensation. There is no odor but I smell something strange. I can't even really describe the smell and it happens throughout the day and seems to be happening more frequently. I've been looking it up online and it says it can be caused by simple seizures. So guess what, I'm now freaked out that I'm having seizures. Of coarse it' happening a lot more since reading this online and I can't stop looking it up.
I have been taking a very low dose of Xanax for the past few months to help with my anxiety. I wonder at times if this is a strange side effect fom the Xanax. I'd like to stop the Xanax but read stopping could cause seizures. Ugh!!!! Don't know what to do.

Anyway, has anyone else ever had this weird smell sensation?

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
tsuki (Admin)
Administrator
graphgraph
Re:Strange smell sensation 2 Years, 10 Months ago  
Hi whyme! I can't say that I've had ongoing experiences, but I do remember when I used to get a strange scent of chives or leaf onions (the long green ones). That lasted for a week or two and then gone. I told my Dr. about it and he could not attribute it to my medications. I physically checked out okay. If the smells persist along with your anxiety, contact your Dr. For the time being, you may want to discuss it with a family member, just in case, until you see your Dr.

I don't search the websites anymore. It would only make my imagination run wild. By the way, I'm inquisitive to know, what scents do you smell? Let us know how you progress with this. Be safe and healthy . . . hugs

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

whyme (User)
Involved Survivor
graphgraph
Hi tsuki,

I can't really describe the smell. It's kind of a like a steamy soapy smell. It's not overly unpleasant just concerning. It freaks me out, but I am getting better with it. I'm hoping now that it will just go away. I have mentioned it to family and they just look at me bewildered and don't know what to say about it. I'm going to ask my therapist about it tomorrow. Hopefully she'll ease my mind a bit.

I really need to stop looking things up online. I'm always hoping I'll find something helpful online to ease my worry but never do. All I ever find is worse case scenerio and then my anxiety goes through the roof.

Logged Logged

whyme (User)
Involved Survivor
graphgraph
Well, saw my therapist today. She assured me that my new symptoms are all anxiety related and not me having seizures. It helped to hear that. I'm feeling better about everything at the moment.
She also told me I need to stop looking things up online, which I already knew. So I'm going to really try and not look up anymore symptoms online.

Logged Logged

tsuki (Admin)
Administrator
graphgraph
I'm so happy to read your update. I guess it was a lot like what I had gone through. Glad you're well. Have a happy and peaceful 2015 . . . hugs

Logged Logged

whyme (User)
Involved Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Strange smell sensation 2 Years, 9 Months ago  
Still dealing with this phantom smell thing. Trying to convince myself it's just anxiety, but it's difficult sometimes. My neurologist thinks it's all anxiety but I just not convinced of this. Most of the time it happens I'm not feeling anxious.. I know when I am anxious It does makes my symptoms worse. Think I may schedule an appt with an ENT dr and see what they think about my symptoms. It's been so hard for me to deal with these symptoms. I try to stay calm, think positive and not freak out. But sometimes it's just so difficult.

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Saturday, 18 November 2017