Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Tingling/Crawling Sensation in Face???
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: Tingling/Crawling Sensation in Face???

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
stix2702 (User)
Newbie Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Tingling/Crawling Sensation in Face??? 3 Years, 7 Months ago  
Hi Tsuki & Whyme,

I'm actually leaving work in 10 minutes and heading to a neurologist. Z-pack made no difference. Went to another clinic and they took blood and did a CT Scan-everything normal (whew on that end.) Said it could be a neurological disorder. The feelings went away about 90% but I still get them and now more in my forehead/by my eyes.....I just want ANSWERS!!! I will post later/tomorrow with results...whyme please let me know how your doc appt goes! Tsuki-thank you so much for checking on me!!!! xoxo

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
whyme (User)
Involved Survivor
graphgraph
Hi Stix,

It's good to hear all your tests came back normal. But, unfortunately were not able to get the answers you're looking for. It's also great to hear your symptoms are much better. I hope they continue to improve.
My Dr. appt went about as well as yours. All my tests came back normal, which is a good thing. But didn't get the answers I was looking for either. He felt my symptoms were not neurological though and seemed more muscular. He thinks maybe stress anxiety or possibly eye strain. I hope he's right, but I still think it's something bad causing these symptoms.
I called my therapist today, who I haven't seen in about 4 years. She had me come in right away today, which was great. She feels all my symptoms are anxiety related too. Now I have to try and believe that it's all anxiety too, which is extremely difficult to do since my forehead feels ice cold and tingling as I'm typing this. I guess I'll try to ignore the symptoms, yeah right:)
I hope your still feeling a bit better.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

Last Edit: 2014/04/09 03:30 By
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaTools::whoisID() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 316
whyme.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

concernedmom (User)
graphgraph
12 years ago: tingling sensations, feeling cold and lifeless sensation in my left arm and leg, with real chocking alongside especially if I fell asleep took me to the hospital left me there 3nights/2days.
Was sent home with anxiety diagnosis and antianxiety prescription meds. Haven't taken any, continued with my everyday physical activities and in a month or so I forgot about it and it forgot about me. So that was the end of my "love story" with my anxiety/panic attack at that time.

Logged Logged

tsuki (Admin)
Administrator
graphgraph
I'm so glad that you posted back to us and relieved to know that your results were normal (yeah, whew) I know what you mean about wanting to "know" what's going on. Sometimes we never find out when dealing with anxiety Like concernedmom's reply . . . sometimes it just goes away. That's anxiety for ya. I hope neurological tests come back giving you a clean bill of health also . . . hugs.

To Whyme: I hope you'll start to feel better too now that you know it's not physiological . . . hugs to you, too

Logged Logged

stix2702 (User)
Newbie Survivor
graphgraph
Oh do I have a story for you guys. Sorry it's taken me so long to update. I have been going through a nightmare with this stuff.

I went to see the neurologist a few weeks ago and he was just a really big arrogant asshole to say the least. My symptoms actually went away about 95% by then after having them for 10 days. He was saying that the only "red flags" he saw was I'm on the pill and smoke (even though not a lot he said it's still a risk factor) and he wanted me to get an MRI. He said if that came out clear it could be "silent" migraines......migraines that don't necessarily cause pain but can cause other symptoms. So, I go do the MRI last week and the tech seemed like a huge idiot. I was in there for over a half hour and he pulls me out and says I need to take off my eye makeup because for some reason the images weren't coming out clear around my eyes. I had to do the whole thing over again. I was there from 5:30-8. It was a nightmare. So I go back to the neurologist last Friday and I waited literally an hour and a half in the room for him and he came in and just asked if my symptoms were still gone and I said yeah like 95% and he basically said that according to the report there was a vein that wasn't really clear, like couldn't really be seen, on the left side of my head that "could be because I had a blood clot that cleared itself up." So I'm like wait, what? I didn't expect to hear that and I was trying to ask him a bunch of questions and he was just super vague and being cocky and just basically said to get off the pill and if the symptoms came back to go to the ER and call him so he could order another MRI right away to see if that was it or to come back in 3 months to get a follow up MRI. He was super short with me and was all behind on appointments so I felt super rushed and I was freaking out. I called my mom in the car crying and freaking out and then called my gyne who said to just stop taking the pill (I was towards the end of my pack but still had like another week so I wasn't sure if I should wait or just stop abruptly). Anyway, so I had the worst night on Friday, just really upset and not understanding what was going on really. Saturday I felt somewhat better and positive but Sunday and Monday I was really worried again and I just absolutely hate this neurologist and don't trust him so in the meantime we have a doctor that is a family friend that I left a message for to see if she would take me as a patient since my doctor retired and then I am going to go to her and see what she says. Anyway, so Monday I get a call from the neurologist's office and the girl there asks where I want to get my MRI and I'm like what are you talking about.........he never said anything about getting another one and she was like oh, okay, let me get in touch with him (he was at another office) and I'll get back to you. So long story short, I called there 3 times that day and each time she "hadn't heard from him yet" with the last time being "he left for the day, I'll have to call you tomorrow." Needless to say I was SO F-ING PISSED!!!!!!! I was like okay who f'd up here? Did the doctor change his mind? Did the secretary f up and is looking at something from a few weeks ago? So I'm all nervous the whole day/night on Monday. Not to mention I asked this girl 3 times to fax me the MRI report so I could read it myself and have it to take somewhere else and she never did. So yesterday around 11 she FINALLY calls me and says he meant that order for 3 months from now. Like gee thanks a lot for making me a nervous wreck for a day for no reason. So then she finally sends my report and I'm reading it and I notice like 3-4 times it says stuff like "evaluation is limited due to technique" and "sinus is not well visualized...this may be related to technique"..........so I'm like wait, WHAT THE HELL? My husband and I are on bad insurance this month until we get the good one back on 5/1 because he got laid off for a month, so I had to pay $200 up front for the MRI and owe another $800 out of pocket. And I'm looking at this report like wait, so the tech messed up? Also, the fact that it says the technique is all messed up led this doctor to believe I had a blood clot? So I call the doctor's office back and talk to the doctor and he was just such an ass as usual.......he's just like "your symptoms are gone and you got off the pill right? Then you're good" just like real cocky and I was like "how did you even come to the conclusion of a blood clot when this MRI says pretty much nothing except the tech screwed up" and he was just like "in my professional opinion I think you had a blood clot that went away" but then he did admit I should call the MRI place and try to get my money back and say I'm not paying for the rest which I did and today I got a call that they agreed they would reimburse me and waive the rest of the money owed. I just love how the neurologist comes up with this blood clot thing when the report did not indicate anything about that and how the first time I went there he says oh it may be silent migraines and then comes up with a blood clot. My mom thinks he's just trying to cover his ass since nothing came up. So, I'm waiting for this new doctor to call me and I'm going to make an appointment with her and then go from there. Even though the symptoms have dissipated 95%, I still get weird feelings AND the new symptom I have today is feeling like there is fluid in my ear (same side this has been going on). I honestly don't believe it's a blood clot or was a blood clot, I think it's nerves in my face and I cannot wait to go to another doctor who I know will be much more competent. So it's pretty much been a big nightmare for me the last 6 weeks with no answers, a shitload of stupid people, a lot of stress and now my cycle is all messed up with stopping the pill. Wish I had better news to share.

Logged Logged

concernedmom (User)
graphgraph
Tingling/Crawling Sensation in Face!!! 3 Years, 7 Months ago  
Yes, it sounds a lot you went through, I agree. But that, still, is a life.
Even you got all these wild suggestions about blood clots from your doctor; being on a pill, I would not dismiss them fully.
If your friend doctor has some will to talk to you, this may had been a sign of something. Maybe some other blood work results could give the idea if blood clot was the case or wasn't. Maybe preventively, dr. may give you blood thinner shot for some time, but it is a two sided sword since a little wound can go long way bleeding. Blood clots are common happenings while on pill.
And that's why condom is a way more preferable way of protection.
There should be OTC Bayer women aspirin which you can take daily (talk to pharmacist first) and drink plenty of water.
Drinking a lot of water is antianxiety cheapest medication, anyway. It flushes down majority of your toxins.

(Your story takes me to my recent lungs' sarcoidosis journey, where MRI, PET, Doppler effect and all other pictures were clear even to me, but doctors weren't ready to give a cancer diagnosis, only vague sarcoidosis possibility and then insurance company started sending me a cancer insurance offers, just to give me more reasons these days to be happy about extra years of life I still have/had lived.)
One more thing: can you retrace your life activities and try to remember if you had some real hard pressure applied to your right check bone. Not sharp blunt hit but squashing pressure. If that was the case, then there could be slight leisure happened to the facial nerve or blood vessel(s) there which in return now that is going through healing process is giving you tingling sensation.

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Thursday, 23 November 2017