Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Tingling/Crawling Sensation in Face???
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: Tingling/Crawling Sensation in Face???

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
stix2702 (User)
Newbie Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Tingling/Crawling Sensation in Face??? 3 Years, 8 Months ago  
Hi All,

I am praying someone can help me.

My past:
Was diagnosed with Panic Disorder back in 2006. Took lexapro for about a year and managed to ween myself off and since then I have been pretty much in control of my anxiety-YEAH!!!

Symptoms I've had over the years of anxiety:
shaking, trembling, numbness in my face, hands and feet, rapid heartbeat, heart palpitations, feeling like my throat was closed, dizzy, lightheaded, feeling pressure in my head/face, feeling like I was in a fog, unfocused, cold sweats, hot sweats, irrational thoughts/excessive worry,chest pain, chest tightness, fatigue, extreme jaw tension, panic attacks.

For the past 3-4 months ever so often I feel a weird sensation over my right cheek bone but I didn't think much of it, attributing it to sinuses or something. Well, since Saturday it became much more intense, happening about 15-20 times over the day along with a weird crawling/tingling sensation in a lot of places on the right side of my face-temple, chin, cheek, lips, under my nose. Only on the right side of my face though. It's not getting worse but doesn't seem to be getting better and I am FREAKING OUT. Of course I can't stay away from the internet and already think I have MS, a stroke, Bella's Paulsy, or some other crazy thing. IS THIS ANXIETY??? HELP!

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
tsuki (Admin)
Administrator
graphgraph
Re:Tingling/Crawling Sensation in Face??? 3 Years, 8 Months ago  
Hi stix2702 I've experienced the same symptoms that you've listed over the years. I've also experienced numbness and twitching in different areas of my face and many times thought that I was about to have a stroke. Sometimes I would feel intense pain in the same areas. I consulted my family Dr. and found that it DID have something to do with my anxiety. The nerves near the surface of my face were highly agitated. The problem was resolved when it finally manifesting itself as a serious bout of shingles.

While it's important to remain proactive and informed, too much information from the internet can exacerbate anxiety. Please consult your physician about your facial sensations. There may be a simple explanation for them.

Meanwhile, keep posting/blogging and let us know how you're faring. I wish you well and hope you and your physician can find answers for your condition . . . hugs

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

stix2702 (User)
Newbie Survivor
graphgraph
Thank you so much Tsuki. Although, now I'm worried I am going to get shingles. LOL. I'm actually headed to the doctor today. Last night my ear and face started hurting slightly so now I'm wondering if I have an ear infection and I'm not really nuts after all-imagine that! I'll be in touch tomorrow with the results.

Logged Logged

stix2702 (User)
Newbie Survivor
graphgraph
Doctor said my ear looks red but no infection but could be the start of one...she said I could have a sinus infection which is hard to diagnose or my sinuses could be congested. So I got a prescription for a z-pack. She said to call her asap if I develop a rash anywhere because then I could have shingles (ironic right). She doesnt think blood work is necessary right now but if it doesn't go away after the 5 days of meds that's the next step.

Logged Logged

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

whyme (User)
Involved Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Tingling/Crawling Sensation in Face??? 3 Years, 7 Months ago  
Hi,
I too can relate to all the symptoms you are having. I've experienced them all over the years. For the past 5-6 months i've been expriencing a creepy crawly sensation in my forehead. I've been trying to ignore it but it seems to be getting worse. This week my forehead has an icy cold sensation and I can't stop worrying about it. Like you I am now FREAKING OUT. I have an appt to see Dr next week and don't know how I'll make it until then. Of course I'm also looking this up on the internet and that's not a good thing. It just gives me more things to worry about.
Did the z-pac help you at all?

Logged Logged

tsuki (Admin)
Administrator
graphgraph
Re:Tingling/Crawling Sensation in Face??? 3 Years, 7 Months ago  
Hi stix, I thought I'd post to see how you're doing? Did you receive a final diagnosis for your condition? I hope all is well. As for Dr. mentioning shingles, yeah, it's pretty ironic I remember being happy to find out that shingles was my culprit and not anything more critical. But, honestly, I wouldn't wish that condition on anyone Post back when you get a chance . . . hugs

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Thursday, 23 November 2017