Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Go to bottom
TOPIC: 2013 Flu Season

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
chaigeek (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
2013 Flu Season 4 Years, 10 Months ago  
So the flu season is upon us. I'm obsessing over it.

I came down with a nasty upper respiratory infection about a week ago that I am still dealing with. It was hard to make it to work for the first couple of days and by Friday, my mind was no longer making the decisions. My body was. I stayed home, went to the urgent care to make sure it wasn't the flu. Lucky me. It wasn't.

So, while I was there, I thought it would be a great idea to come up with an action plan for this flu season being that I have stress/allergy induced asthma and I am a smoker. The doctor immediately recommended that I get the flu shot. I have always been against these but this is my first year with asthma. It is a tough decision for me. I caved and then changed my mind back to no and the doctor was frustrated with me naturally. Even knowing that I have panic attacks and high anxiety.

It was when he explained the side effects that really got me. I didn't want to be sicker than I was.

I am so freaked out over being sick now and being afraid of getting the flu and having complications from it due to asthma. I still haven't decided on the flu shot. I am making myself worse.

It is a 50/50 shot either way. It doesn't provide protection against all types and you can still get the flu. I'm so conflicted and the anxiety is causing extreme discomfort.

I am hoping that some of you can relate or share your stories of either getting or not getting the flu shot.

Or at least point me in the right direction as to how to get over the anxiety that the worst will and is happening when I am sick.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
Myk (User)
Contributing Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:2013 Flu Season 4 Years, 10 Months ago  
LOL, I wouldn't have went to urgent care and get exposed to all those sick people
I'm nervous about going to a doctor in a couple weeks even though I've had the flu shot.

I got a whole slew of vaccinations this year because they were going to attack my immune system.
They ended up changing my diagnosis and not attacking my immune system AFTER I did my impersonation of a pin cushion.

I can't say I've got the flu so far but I've been sick more times than normal. I don't usually get the flu because being agoraphobic I'm not exposed to many people during flu season. I can't totally blame the shots because I am trying to get out more and one of my colds was from family at Christmas.

Next year I will only "need" a flu shot. I probably won't be getting one unless they threaten my immune system again, but I may since I can't blame what I got right after getting the shots on a flu shot.

I think I had a diphtheria type reaction to the TDAP shot. The gastro nurse laughed at that but diphtheria is not as bad as what they claim for most people and I didn't say I had it just a reaction. It's the only thing who's symptoms fit.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Monday, 20 November 2017