Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Lightheaded/dizzy...question for survivors
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Lightheaded/dizzy...question for survivors

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
brelltt (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Lightheaded/dizzy...question for survivors 6 Years, 7 Months ago  
I know that the dizzy/depersonalization/derealization etc is from the anxiety but I am wondering for those of you who feel you have overcome the daily anxiety, do you still feel dizzy? I feel I have been doing very well with the anxiety and preventing panic attacks but I am still so dizzy and light headed. Does that feeling ever go away or am I destined to always feel "out of it" I guess my biggest fear is passing out so maybe it is that the fear still lingers? I would appreciate any success stories with over coming this

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
Irish (User)
graphgraph
Re:Lightheaded/dizzy...question for survivors 6 Years, 7 Months ago  
It will pass in time. We have a disorder and like any disorder the mind or body encounters it creates havoc withing. You're 1/2 way home in knowing the anxiety is causing this and in time trying different ways to relax, meds, etc. you will improve just from living with this one day at a time. I do want to clarify above that anxiety is a GOOD thing, but when it goes haywire and becomes disordered, you have us. lol. 500 plus symptoms from this disorder, but still one problem which is anxiety disorder. Key on that everyday and don't get sidetracked by the symptoms. Just like with a fire. The hell with the smoke and fire. What is burning? That's where you want the chemicals or water to go and the other stuff will stop. Take care......Ed

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

daydreamer (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Lightheaded/dizzy...question for survivors 6 Years, 2 Months ago  
Brelltt...I could have written your post myself. I have been "aware" of my anxiety since 2007. The anxiety symptom that I have dealt with since then has been lightheadedness/that dizzy feeling/that weird feeling in my head. I am still experiencing these sensations. In my self-talk I say, "this is the anxiety." It is the anxiety, BUT....I still get that sinking feeling when it shows up. I'm not having panic attacks. I have not had one in more than a year. My sleep has gotten much, much more consistant. I'm not making numerous Dr's appointments and symptom searching on line. I'm not participating in many of the rituals I once was. So, this is where MY mind goes: If I'm not experiencing the anxiety as I was before, why has this one symptom stayed behind? This thought does linger in.

I wanted to respond to your post as another reassurance that you are not alone in your thoughts. Thus far, my self-talk has been spot-on. It's the anxiety. Take care.

Logged Logged

ceejay (Admin)
Administrator
graph
Re:Lightheaded/dizzy...question for survivors 6 Years, 2 Months ago  
Don't know how I missed this ... must have been one of my lightheaded days!

I also still get waves of dizziness, as well as the random pains that used to send me spiraling into a panic attack.

Both of them now just come ... and go.

It's interesting how often we remember the bad things coming : dizziness, lightheadedness, insomnia, crushing pain, etc .... but once they're gone we are often unaware of it.

That became part of my recovery - to focus on the fact that they are gone. During those down times I would just rush around doing my life, and then a pain or symptom would come back and everything would stop.

Now it seems more balanced. I'm doing my life, I get a pain or symptom, and I keep doing my life and the pain or symptom stops. This is a much healthier pattern for me!

Good luck, and keep working on it! Things do get better!

Ceejay

Logged Logged

brelltt (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Lightheaded/dizzy...question for survivors 6 Years, 1 Month ago  
thanks for your responses I use self talk a lot and it does help. I have good days and if I am busy I don't even notice the dizzy feeling (which confirms anxiety..take your mind off it and it goes away). I am trying to continue to do this..it is just so hard as you know to ignore those creeping thoughts of "what if". Thanks again for your help, good to know we are not alone!

Logged Logged

Imafoodgroup (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Lightheaded/dizzy...question for survivors 5 Years, 5 Months ago  
I need to ask about visual issues with the dizzyness and lightheaded problem.

When these things happen to me, I get severe double vision. I was out in a store and this happened and I could only see by closing one eye. I was extremely dizzy and the double vision was very intense.

I guess my question is has this happened to you???

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Thursday, 23 November 2017