Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Chest Pain Problems

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
RycheFNM (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Chest Pain Problems 6 Years, 7 Months ago  
I'm a 29 male who is a long-time sufferer of panic and anxiety. I take 225 mg of Effexor daily and have .5 mg Xanax pills for an as-needed basis. The last 2 weeks I've been in agony dealing with daily chest wall pain, and I'm getting more panicked because I can't figure out what's wrong with me.

It's a tightness/pain that flares up at certain times every day and the bones on my ribs and sterum get sore to the touch from it. It feels at times if someone is sitting on my chest and it has often gotten very excruciating in pain.

I've been to urgent care, the ER, a chiropractor, and my primary care doctor. Blood pressure and pulse are normal. An EKG of my heart is normal. Multiple chest x-rays were normal. I even had ex rays done of my abdomin to make sure I wasn't constipated or anything. I've had blood tests done to check organ functions and enzymes and still have no idea why everyday I have these constant chest pains. Every morning I wake up and am panicked about when my next flare up will be.

I don't smoke, rarely drink, and no one in my family (mom, dad, aunts/uncles) have a history of heart attacks or problems. I do have a high stress job, but I don't remember strain my chest to cause the pain I've had the last week and a half.

Anyone have any advice or experience anything similar?

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
ceejay (Admin)
Administrator
graph
Re:Chest Pain Problems 6 Years, 7 Months ago  
I responded to this same post over in Panic Attacks.

So all I'll say here is that this is a pretty clear sign of Hypochondria - so welcome!

I hated thinking I was a hypochondriac. I was sure I was really just about to die.

That was 20+ years ago.

So, I guess its really okay to be a hypochondriac, isn't it?

Ceejay

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

RycheFNM (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Chest Pain Problems 6 Years, 7 Months ago  
Thank you all for your support. After 2 days of Vicodin and a topical Lidocaine ointment (for the burning on the surface) my chest pains completely dissappeared and haven't returned yet. Maybe the piece of mind after 2 ER visits plus the pain meds were enough, but I'm glad I survived.

Logged Logged

Kamebard (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Chest Pain Problems 6 Years, 1 Month ago  
When you have these episodes, your internal chest muscles tighten up, and (if severe) you are usually left with several days of soreness - for those of us with hypochondria, this only exacerbates the situation. Getting a good few days of some muscle relaxant (some stretching as well) can help to clear this up.

Logged Logged

douglas78 (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Chest Pain Problems 3 Years, 8 Months ago  
I just recently delt with issue with an ER visit and an overnight stay for a full cardio eval and blood panal. I've been dealing with panic and anxiety for over 13 years and every year its gets you in ways you that get harder and harder to deal with. With two days of tightness of chest and panic attacks I finally admitted myself. Thinking the worst, chest xrays came out good. Overnight heart observation was good and I actually passed my stress test. If any of you have ever had one you know how brutal they are. Along with my anxiety meds I already take they put me on a beta blocker and baby aspirin. Chest pain is gone but I'm still a little anxious right now. I think everyone who deals with our panic and anxiety issues and has consistent chest pain should have a full cardio eval.i didn't want to do it and was in tears but it rules out alot of factors. My 2 cents.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/03/22 00:48 By
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaTools::whoisID() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 316
douglas78.
Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Thursday, 23 November 2017