Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
obsession with my heart
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: obsession with my heart

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
PlanetJ (User)
Newbie Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:obsession with my heart 8 Years, 8 Months ago  
OMG I am glad I found this thread. I have gotten very freaked out about my heart since the anxiety started. My EKG's are fine. Sometimes I switch into some other deadly disease. I'm always thinking something deadly is wrong. It's good to know I'm not the only one. Thanks.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
fablegirl (User)
Involved Survivor
graphgraph
Hello PlanetJ:

Thanks to you for replying and letting me know that I am not alone in this. I have literally had a nervous breakdown over this matter and I am in therapy. I am afraid to exert myself in any way because I feel like my heart starts racing....I completely came off of caffeine about 3 months ago, and it helped some. Now yesterday, I was soooooo
tired and decided to have a diet coke. Big mistake...Panicked in Target while shopping and had to leave the store...I wonder if any one else is that sensitive to caffeine? But this whole panic journey is like a nightmare that I never wake up from. I hate living like this because I feel like I am not really living at all. I went through the following heart tests:
2-06- 2 ekgs
2-06- stress test
2-06 thallium stress test
3-06 2 different echocardiagrams
3-06 wore holter moniter for a week
4-07 had heart cath in hospital

ALL NORMAL Thank God

from 4-07 thru 10-08 lived panic free

10-31-08 panic came back....went to ER and they did an EKG and blood test and said it was panic....I think for me I have not been able to be at peace with all of this because in my mind it seems like my panic feels like a medical emergency. My heart rate goes way up, I feel faint and shaky and dizzy, and I feel like I cannot breath right....It is a trauma every damn time it happens. I hate this. I tried all of the SSRI's and these really did not help. I am taking a small dose of a beta blocker along with a small dose of amitriptyline each day and this helps, but it is not a cure...Although these meds are better tolerated by me that the SSRI's. I would love to hear more of your journey when you are up to telling about it. God Bless, Fablegir

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

SeaWyfe (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Yes, I have been having this as well. I think that it is part of my general obsession with death as a cause of extreme anxiety.

I don't know what to do about it. I'm going on meds today, maybe that will help.

Logged Logged

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/mambots/content/mosemailcloak.php on line 72

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/mambots/content/mosemailcloak.php on line 89

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/mambots/content/mosemailcloak.php on line 101

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/mambots/content/mosemailcloak.php on line 120

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/mambots/content/mosemailcloak.php on line 133
blcheek15 (User)
Newbie Survivor
graphgraph
i have the same obsession with my heart...it first started when i had my first panic attack last year.

but i have had:
5 EKG's: all normal
stress test: fine
wore a holter monitor: everything was good
echocardigram:normal
blood work: all normal!

i think ALOT of people worry about there heart when they have PA's because it does race and your heart rate gets higher!

just try breathing techniques and take your meds like your supposed to and work out!
i know if your scared about your heart, your not going to work out! But it will help with your anxiety so much and keep your heart strong so your body can handle the PA's

Also, i am very sensitive to caffeine. i have had NO caffiene since December of 2008.
I know i ordered a DECAFF coffee @ starbucks a couple months ago and after a couple sips, i immediatly started freaking out...b.c. they didn't make it decaff, and it caused me to have a PA.

Just stay positive and dont worry so much!

Logged Logged

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/mambots/content/mosemailcloak.php on line 72

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/mambots/content/mosemailcloak.php on line 89

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/mambots/content/mosemailcloak.php on line 101

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/mambots/content/mosemailcloak.php on line 120

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/mambots/content/mosemailcloak.php on line 133

clintonallen (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:obsession with my heart 8 Years, 4 Months ago  
I know exactly how you feel..

before i started having panic attacks i never ever thought about my heart. Now that i have panic attacks every day, im constantly thinking about my heart.. every single day, hour, you name it.

It's a hard thing to deal with, :/

Have your doctors checked your thyroid? Or for SVT?

Logged Logged

ceejay (Admin)
Administrator
graph
Re:obsession with my heart 8 Years, 4 Months ago  
If you're thinking about your heart every single day then please think good thoughts and be grateful to it for doing its job!!

Say simple and true things to yourself like:

"I am not a cardiologist."

"I am not a trained physician."

"How can I think I know more than a professional."

"I may be afraid but that doesn't make me an expert."

"My fear is what I know, not the objective fact of diagnosis."

It took me years, but repeating these over and over helped me to turn the professional diagnosing back over to the doctors. What arrogance on my part to think that without a single science class I know more than someone who has completed medical school and has been practicing cardiology for 20 years. Really.

I know that I am feeling funny symptoms. And I know my pain is real. But I do NOT know what is causing it, and to pretend that my thoughts are RATIONAL is pretty darn naive!!

This is the kind of thinking that got me back on the track of normal living, and where I began learning how to react to things without Panic and Anxiety.

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Friday, 24 November 2017