Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
obsession with my heart
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: obsession with my heart

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139

Chris1861 (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:obsession with my heart 8 Years, 4 Months ago  
clintonallen wrote:
I know exactly how you feel..

before i started having panic attacks i never ever thought about my heart. Now that i have panic attacks every day, im constantly thinking about my heart.. every single day, hour, you name it.

It's a hard thing to deal with, :/

Have your doctors checked your thyroid? Or for SVT?

I know exactly what you mean. Exactly. It's hell thinking you are going to drop dead at any minute and it just goes on and on all day, day after day. Sometimes it gets so bad that I experience all the other symptoms as well -- and as I am sure you know, every freaking thing is a symptom of a heart attack. I'll get light headed, dizzy, notice a pain in my left arm or leg or both.

The fear becomes exhausting, and I think that exhaustion makes it worse.

Nor does it help that seemingly every freaking commercial break on TV there is another commercial reminding you that your heart is a stick of dynamite and the fuse is LIT baby unless you take this pill or eat this food. I quit watching TV and that was one of the reasons why.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

Last Edit: 2009/07/06 13:24 By
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaTools::whoisID() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 316
Chris1861.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

meggerpiez (User)
Involved Survivor
graphgraph
Re:obsession with my heart 8 Years ago  
Mhm, i am obsessing about it alot so YES. I have an issue. I feel like I am dying 24 hours because of it!!!

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

LT061 (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:obsession with my heart 6 Years ago  
Yepp unfortantly I got an obbession with my heart ever since the onset of my panic attacks..I hate it...may sound weird but when I do have a panic attack or am just feeling anxious in general I have an obsession with taking my pulse. It's silly but gives me a little piece of mind to feel that my heart isn't going all wanky and beating weird.... such a silly thing to do, oh wellllll...hopefully one day I won't have to worry....although when the anxiety comes along with the heart palpitations thank god not always but the pulse thing doesn't really work lol since I feel like my heart is gonna beat outta my chest

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/11/06 11:52 By
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaTools::whoisID() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 316
LT061.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

brelltt (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:obsession with my heart 6 Years ago  
I could have written this post myself! I am totally obsessed with my heart and convinced I have something wrong with it! I get chest pains a lot as well as I am dizzy almost every day, get numbness in my arms, jaw and hands and palpitations like crazy. So of course I google "heart attack symptoms" and get exactly those symptoms! It drives me crazy..I also feel like if I could get over this fear I could move past anxiety. I constantly worry I am going to faint with a heart attack!

Logged Logged

Nikky (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:obsession with my heart 5 Years, 10 Months ago  
I have been obsessing with my heart since I had my first panic attack 3 yrs ago. I can not tell you how many times I have been to the ER because of a racing heart,and palpitations. Ive had numerous EKG's, 2 echos, 2 holter monitors (currently wearing one now). Im constantly checking my pulse, bp,and it is exhausting. I hate living and thinking this way. I am even scared to exercise or do anything that raises my heart rate in fear of having a heart attack.how rational is that?! UGH. I used to LOVE getting on the treadmill before all this and never thought about my heart. Every little pain in the chest area makes me znxious, which starts the racing heart, palps, dizzyness, and tingling..vicious cycle. If I dont get these sensations or symptoms, then I have normal GOOD days. I feel thst if I never get these weird symptoms, I would not have these attacks. This fear has affected my life, Im scared to drive alone, or go anywhere alone in fear of dying from a heart related issue because of my symptoms, even though the Dr says there is nothing medically wrong with me. I just want my life back:(

Logged Logged

lauraann1967 (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:obsession with my heart 5 Years, 10 Months ago  
reading your story was like reading my own, I to have been a frequent flyer to the ER, I have had atleast 4 EKG's a ton of blood work and had a holter monitor and a CT scan of my head, only to be told theres nothing wrong..I check my pulse a dozen times a day and get that anxious feeling in my chest everytime anything feels different. Im learning to cope with this now and am starting to have some good days finally!! Im here if you would like to be friends and share coping skills, noone is better to help than someone walking in the same shoes..best wishes..

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Monday, 20 November 2017