Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
obsession with my heart
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: obsession with my heart

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
fablegirl (User)
Involved Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
obsession with my heart 8 Years, 9 Months ago  
I know that in another post I made reference to my obsession with my heart. I do not mean to be redundant, but I am trying to find out if anyone else developed an obsession with their heart after the onset of panic attacks. Just wanting to know that I am not alone, and also trying to see how this panic stuff has affected other people. I think if I could take away my heart fears, the panic would probably dissipate as well. Thank you for your patience and input. Fablegirl

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
Pinkbits (User)
Major Contributing Survivor
graphgraph
Re:obsession with my heart 8 Years, 9 Months ago  
Hi,
I don't have an obsession with my heart but I do get lots of chest pain..
Im thinking its more because of my stomach condition though..

Its quite common to hear of people thinking they've had a heart attack when they first get panic attacks because they just don't know what's happening...

Just know that your heart is fine

Unless you have ongoing issues with tightness and pain in your chest and feel your heart beating funny, seek help immediately as there could be something seriously wrong.

But otherwise, don't sweat it, just relax and it will go away

Hope that helps!

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

95concours (User)
Experienced Survivor
graphgraph
I have a problem thinking about my heart as well. I think this started when I saw my mother in law dead on the floor in her room blue and swollen, she had serious heart failure. After that I have had an obsession about my heart and I have gotten better about that. even remembering that morning brings anxiety to me and I hope one day I can go on with things without wondering if I'm going to have A cardiac arrest. Heart pains (or what seems like heart pains) are pretty common with anxiety and should not be self diagnosed imo. It's definatly been a long road after that but I am a whole lot better about it now and I plan on getting even better. Be cool, Everything is gonna be alright.

Logged Logged

jrwinsto (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
I also obsess over my heart. Any kind of weird pain or sensation related to my heart can send me into a panic. Also, when I am anxious, I get chest pains and my heart rate soars. I hate it so much! I get palpitations alot too, but those do not bother me as much anymore. I have been to a cardiologist and had many tests, but I am still dealing with this fear of a heart attack. I hate any activity that gets my heart rate up (well not EVERY activity;). Exercising, while I know it is good for me, really freaks me out. I feel like my heart is always beating too fast. This is a constant source of anxiety for me and I am going to be seeking out some meds this week from my doc. I can't take it anymore.
I hope that you can focus your energy on something else! I am sure that your heart is fine, but it is always good to get checked for piece of mind.
Remember you are not alone!!

Logged Logged

blcheek15 (User)
Newbie Survivor
graphgraph
Re:obsession with my heart 8 Years, 8 Months ago  
I had/have the same problem. It has gotten alot better, but when i had my first panic attack, after i would constantly check my hear rate, went for numerous EKG's, a stress test, and a echocardiogram. I acutally go back this week for a follow up.

Its very normal for people to think something else is wrong with them when they have panic/anxiety. But if you have the pleasure to go to the doctor and get everything checked out, DO IT! it will make you feel better and put your mind at ease!

Logged Logged

kelsey39 (User)
Veteran Survivor
graphgraph
Re:obsession with my heart 8 Years, 8 Months ago  
you should have seen me when i first got on her i was making everyone one crazy. with my heart and i was always in the er i cant tell you how many ekgs i have had cant count that high hahahah your heart can beat 200 times a minute without damage. and some meds will cause your hr to go up. my pulse rate sent up in the er they had the tv on and they wouldnt let you change the channel and it showed a motorcycle wreak and my husband was in one just about died and my pulse went 20 beats you have to relax and do stretching exercise and you bp and heart rate are high after you eat and any movment i was always checking my pulse rate.

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Monday, 20 November 2017