Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Pick, pick, pick....gaaaah!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Pick, pick, pick....gaaaah!

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
lovestosing (User)
Contributing Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Pick, pick, pick....gaaaah! 9 Years, 11 Months ago  
I've gotten into the scab picking really bad lately. It's started to get bad enough that my scalp feels raw and it's worrying me. I am under alot of stress, but it's the good holiday kind. I could really use some support for this because it's a new realization this year. I haven't found a whole lot of good info online, but I am planning to make a doctor appointment.

The funny thing about this is that my meds have been helping me tremendously for anxiety and panic (only 1 small PA since August), but I've never had so much trouble with the picking before. I am wondering if it's possible if the Paxil may be causing me to pick more?

Sigh...any advice would be great.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
scooby (Moderator)
graphgraph
Re:Pick, pick, pick....gaaaah! 9 Years, 11 Months ago  
I wouldn't say it's the Paxil.
Doing things like that tend to be a comfort thing - like you do it unconsciously while reading or watching TV - especially when you're feeling nervy or overwhelmed from stress, and you feel the need to be doing something with your hands - bit like smoking!
Try and find something else to keep your hands busy - like crosswords or drawing, and when your scalp starts feeling healing and feels better, you'll be less inclined to pick.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

Kellybeth (User)
Driving Force Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Pick, pick, pick....gaaaah! 9 Years, 11 Months ago  
Hi lovestosing. I pick a lot too. I think I do it because I'm bored. Also about 8 months ago my friends kid got head lice. I was so afraid that I would get it that I kept searching my hair with my fingers. Now months later I find myself still doing it. Picking my head and all that. I do it alot at work. No one has said anything but they probley have seen me do it. Sometimes I dont even notice that Im doing it. Now it is a habit.

Logged Logged

Ash (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Pick, pick, pick....gaaaah! 6 Years, 3 Months ago  
I used to do this very badly on my arms and legs and occasionally I will catch myself trying to do it and stop myself. Honestly it took a lot of self control and just enduring the miserable feeling of thinking I needed that scab gone or that bump or whatever and finally it all healed up. I still struggle with nail biting but not as much as I used to. When I was on paxil it made me want to eat everything in the house urgently

Logged Logged

Shilme (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Pick, pick, pick....gaaaah! 6 Years, 3 Months ago  
I get like that really badly too, mostly with blackheads and the like on my arms and shoulders. Half the time I don't even know I am doing it. When I try to stop, like scooby said, I like to find something to do with my hands.

If scalp itch is the big thing I would say (if you can) get one of those products that are designed to be rubbed into your hair to deal with the itch, though I cant for the life of me remember the name of any of them now. That way when you rub it in your getting the feeling of the scratching motion and helping it heal faster.

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Thursday, 23 November 2017