Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Go to bottom
TOPIC: OCD advice please.

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
Kristyj230 (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
OCD advice please. 4 Years, 4 Months ago  
Hi. I am not new to this forum. I just haven't been here in a long time and had to create a new username. Last time I was here, I was having bad panic attacks and wasn't going anywhere but I have to say that I am doing a lot better with that now and learned some awesome methods with dealing with panic attacks that really can keep them away.

I'm here now cause I believe I may have OCD. I don't want to see a dr cause the last thing I want is to be put on antidepressant. The only thing that will do is get rid of the symptoms but not the fear.

Last year I had this thing with certain numbers and I did exposure therapy and it helped. I got better with that and today, I'm not bothered with it. But then suddenly and out of no where I started to becoming obsessed with things being on the right side. It's hard to explain but the left to me feels off. It's like when things are on the right side it's a complete feeling.

I will give example. This is going to sound weird. Lol. I'm doing laundry and as I'm doing laundry, I happen to see perhaps a coffee mug not facing the right side, so I move it to the right side. Well once I see that, I get this nagging feeling in the pit of my stomach urging me to do the clothes over again. So I will rewash the clothes. If I refuse and believe me I have tried, then the urge sticks with me and i feel the anxiety coming on. So to get relief, I have to give in. If I don't then I feel I will regret it. And when I say that, my mind automatically begins to think of stuff I need to do later and that if I don't go back and redo something then I may get high anxiety and that's my fear.

It sounds crazy and probably don't make sense lol. And like if I'm scratching my head or I have just my left shoe on while getting them on and I hear my mom shut a door then I want her to shut it again but the second time it being the right side of my head or me putting on the right shoe. Those are examples.

I also am say way with doing things in order.

Is this OCD?

If so, then I'm going to work harder on beating this with exposure therapy. It will be hard I know. I think what irritates me the most are the urges. The nagging feeling in the bottom of my stomach that will not go away until I give in.

Can anyone relate? I would like to hear your ways of coping! Thanks!

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
concernedmom (User)
graphgraph
Re:OCD advice please. 4 Years, 4 Months ago  
I read some articles on OCD (my son seems to be struggling with that), and the findings are pointing at: special brain structure, PTSD, childhood molestation as the possible causes for OCD. I am aware of last two pertaining to my son issue, but we have not undergone PET of his brain to rule out the first one on the list. Science is talking of some special new technology surgeries on brain on people with severe OCD. In the past electro shock therapy was commonly used. Specialized CBT therapy is giving some results, while meds aren't as successful for OCD. Since OCD is seldom diagnosed by itself, usually anti-depressants antianxiety meds are prescribed. If you have health Insurance, I recommend you visiting doctors and becoming their friends. Meaning, try to follow their directions.
Have you been in the past effected by someone controlling you immensely? If so, talk to your psychologist about it. If in you, work on some hobbies. Let your creativity take over you and your free time. Developing attraction to certain healthy creativities gives you completely new meaning to everything, and also might diminish that strong OCDish fearful streaming in your veins.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

Kristyj230 (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:OCD advice please. 4 Years, 4 Months ago  
I wasn't controlled in my past. I was weird about some things like I liked my clothes to be warmed in the dryer before bed, I couldn't stand stickiness and used powder like there was no tomorrow lol but that was it. That only lasted a short time and as I got older I was fine. I only started to feel like I may have OCD last year.

I do not have health insurance and the only meds I'm on is Xanax. I just take them when really needed. I wouldn't say I had a severe case of it and since its only been a year I feel I can stop it by getting worse. Exposure therapy is a great method and have found a lot of methods but the part I struggle with the most are the annoying urges.

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Wednesday, 22 November 2017