Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Blind Rage

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139

tborland828 (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Blind Rage 6 Years, 1 Month ago  
Unfortunately, my PTSD tends to be more fight than flight. When I am triggered become enraged, and the adrenaline shoots through my body. It takes a hold of me. Consequences no longer matter, and reality is completely blurred. I feel abandoned and hurt during these time, and my automatic reaction is to hurt the person I am dealing with.

My "rational" side would never hurt a fly. I am laid back, easy going, and usually smiling and laughing. Breathing works sometimes, and things have definitely improved in the last few months; but unfortunately if I am triggered things get out of hand.

Could anyone offer some advice about how to manage the dissociative anger? I don't want more than anything to be able to overcome the adrenaline rush without violent rages.

Thanks!

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

sweetmama (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Blind Rage 6 Years, 1 Month ago  
I do not have the answers to help you with this one. But, I can tell you do want to control it. My life is a mess at this point so advise from me would not be the most productive but what I can offer right now is support.

I will be praying for you and the kind soul I sense you have. Be strong, keep seeking help and hang in there.

Get on here and start a blog and blog the heck out of your anger. Vent, vent, and vent some more. I never dreamed it would work but it helps so very much.

I understand the hurt part that you feel during anger. I know that one. Try one little trick. Just one for me. Whoever you are mad at, tell them you love them while you are angry. Its so super hard but when you begin to do this each time you are angry, hearing yourself say those words makes you a bit vulnerable and a bit more able to "grab a hold of yourself." Its not a fix but its a small word to help.

Prayers here for you.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

tborland828 (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Blind Rage 6 Years, 1 Month ago  
Hi Sweetmama,

Thanks so much your caring insight. Your concept of telling the person I'm angry at I love you is wonderful. Looking back, I think making myself vulnerable and does help "grab a hold of myself."

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply.

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Monday, 20 November 2017