Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Does anyone take abilify?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Does anyone take abilify?

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
Ash (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Does anyone take abilify? 6 Years, 3 Months ago  
Ok so I have been seeing psych docs for a few years. I started out bc of panic anxiety and depression, took paxil and felt ok for a year or so until it stopped working and i realized i had gotten extremely fat. After that my doc switched me every Month to a different ssri because each one was making me more anxious or agitated or doing nothing at all. Finally he sent me to another psych for a second opinion and she said I was bipolar. but wanted me to have my thyroid checked. I tried taking the lamictal she gave me but I only lasted 5 days bc I was panicking constantly after the second day of it and I had spontaneous yeast infection and i was terrified of the possible Steven johnson syndrome happening. I got the results of the thyroid test and I am hypothyroid which I thought "great that means I'm not bipolar I'm actually sick!". Well the first 2 weeks on the thyroid med I felt great!! Then I started having anxiety/panic and it's been going on for almost 2 weeks nonstop. I went to a new doc (i was needing to establish a primary care doc since I have been going to clinics) I said I wanted to see If the thyroid med was working or working to much or what the deal is and I asked for something to relieve the anxiety. I stupidly mentioned my "bipolar" diagnosis and so he said he would only give me something indicated for bipolar and he wanted to get my medical records and come back in 2 weeks. Well he gave me abilify Which I didn't realize till I filled it and read the insert that's it is an antipsychotic!!!! I am really scared to take this stuff and still think that the thyroid Meds are making my anxiety worse. My diagnosis is bipolar 2 - I don't get really manic and have never been psychotic so i think it's a little much but he insists that it will help my anxiety - it's 2 mg. Can anyone tell me anything about this stuff?? My concern is being a twitchy drooling idiot or slurring my speech - I can't lose my Job or take time off. I am at a loss as to whether I should just try it or not I'm so scared!!

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
Ash (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Does anyone take abilify? 6 Years, 3 Months ago  
Well since no one answered I took it anyway - at bedtime not good I didn't sleep but somehow still felt fantastic the next day, waited and took again this morn. Been a bit tired and yawned quite a bit but still feeling good! I get nauseated when smoking a cig which is weird but hey maybe I can quit those at some point!

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Cybervato (User)
graphgraph
I am glad you are feeling decent after starting those meds.

Logged Logged

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

tsuki (Admin)
Administrator
graphgraph
Good, it seems to be working for you including making smoking distasteful (yay!). Just a note, it's advisable to get a second opinion (if you can afford it) if you don't agree with your diagnosing or prescribing physician. Secondly, always let your physician know exactly how your meds are affecting you. I'm happy you're feeling better . . . hugs

Logged Logged

Ash (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Thanks!! I have started seeing some side effects since last post - acid reflux, which makes me have a slight hard time breathing due to chest tightness, chest pain, sore throat (very mild) and hiccups (i had em at least 4 times at work today) and upset stomach, overheating accompanied by nausea (this is weird for me being hypothyroid I'm usually always cold!) and some dizziness. I think I'm gonna try again to take at bedtime with an ambien and a prilosec and then take thyroid in the morn. I don't go back for more bloodwork till 9/2 - but considering halving the dose on my own bc I still believe it to be tok much (or at least I know I felt better when I forgot to take it lol) wish me luck!

Logged Logged

Ash (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Halving the thyroid dose that is

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Friday, 24 November 2017