Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
How often does depression occur?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: How often does depression occur?

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
pyrodruidess (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
How often does depression occur? 7 Years, 7 Months ago  
I just had my first bout of severe depression. I have never been depressed before and this was very scary for me. All I did was cry all day and have nightmares at night. I went into the hospital, because this is the first I've ever been treated for my panic disorder with meds. The doc tried me on 3 different ssri's and i just got more depressed as the weeks went by. Anyhoo, after a detox in the hospital I tried paxil and have been doing very well on it and coming out of the depression and even the anxiety is not so bad. Its my first day at work and my normal anxious scatter-brained self has been pretty focused and productive.....yay! Anyway I was wondering how long and often depression bouts occur in people? so far mine has lasted 6 weeks, and this is my first occurrence. Thanks! Robin.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
pyrodruidess (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:How often does depression occur? 7 Years, 7 Months ago  
oh yeah, and im 28, single, living on my own, and have a good full time job. Dont know if that matters, but some people ask. I was on celexa, then lexapro, then cymbalta, with a ativan and trazadone for sleep and panic before being detoxed and put on 10 mg of paxil with 25 mg of seroquel.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

joshuab (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:How often does depression occur? 7 Years, 6 Months ago  
It just depends on every individual..
You can't predict it, it at all you have control over the situation and your mind.
Better way to overcome depression and anxiety is to follow meditation and yoga,which will relax your mind.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/05/08 22:10 By
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaTools::whoisID() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 316
ceejay. Reason: Compliance with Forum Rules

jerlin09 (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:How often does depression occur? 6 Years, 11 Months ago  
Serotonin has a few functions in the human body, but its main purpose is to send messages from one area of the brain to the other. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that plays an intricate role in the way a person eats, sleeps and behaves. When the level of serotonin in the brain is changed, a person's behavior will also be altered.

At times, the events in our lives will take a toll on serotonin levels, so when a person becomes sad, the body will start to use more serotonin to promote happy feelings. If the sadness continues, the body will be unable to compensate because the body does not manufacture a normal level of serotonin in such cases. The level of serotonin will continue to decrease, causing a mild to moderate case of depression. Extremely low serotonin levels will lead to a severe case of depression.

Drug Rehab

Logged Logged

angelinadaniel (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:How often does depression occur? 5 Years, 2 Months ago  
Depression can occur in any kind of people due to any reason. You can find some of the symptoms and facts about depression, please visit here Depression health

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Monday, 20 November 2017