Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
How I beat my agoraphobia
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: How I beat my agoraphobia

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139

Myk (User)
Contributing Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:How I beat my agoraphobia 5 Years, 3 Months ago  
Cybervato wrote:
Myk you are lucky you didnt go into full on agoraphobia.

I did. I was house bound from sometime around January 1 through July. I don't know when it became agoraphobia because I started getting multiple migraines every week on Xmas vacation and didn't know how to deal with them like I do now so they pretty much kept me house bound. That and a new huge Super Walmart is what set the agoraphobia stage. I think by February or March I was pretty well convinced I was dying.
I would guess by March or April I was extreme because I made an excuse not to start a garden.
That whole year is a blur.
I went from planning on driving myself to a wedding 6 hours away to not being able to go outside at all.

Above where I said I didn't go agoraphobia I meant when I was a kid I avoided panic situations but didn't go agoraphobic from it then.
I'm kind of amazed I didn't go agoraphobic at college. It would've been easy.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Cybervato (User)
graphgraph
I am sorry, Myk I shoulda read your post more closely. I am sitting here nodding that I went through many of those issues. Super Walmart Definitely would be a trigger.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

Myk (User)
Contributing Survivor
graphgraph
In hind sight when Walmart came in and they closed down our local grocery I should've started going to Kroger when I couldn't manage walking allllll the way back to Walmart's dairy section. That was the first conscious decision I remember avoiding going places or leaving places without getting what I was there for during that period.

Once I found out where the bathroom in the back was things got better going there.

I did run out of our local grocery once because of a panic attack but getting in and out of there wasn't such a daunting task so it didn't cause them.

Logged Logged

Myk (User)
Contributing Survivor
graphgraph
I'm going through my recordings to see if anything will help now of if I have to make a new set.

Here's what I had on my loop back then,

I have to get through this myself
I am feeling fine
I can handle being alone
Nothing bad is happening
Nothing bad will happen
I've beat this before
I am strong enough to beat it now
I feel good
I can handle being in a crowd

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/08/18 18:44 By
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaTools::whoisID() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 316
Myk.

Cybervato (User)
graphgraph
Yep thats a long walk to get a gallon of milk! Even now that my anxiety has eased up, Its still a long way to go! I totally agree that using a myriad of tools in conjunction with each other is a big key in keeping our anxiety managable.

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Tuesday, 21 November 2017