Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Can anyone help me, I feel so alone.
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Can anyone help me, I feel so alone.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
iheartsbc (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Can anyone help me, I feel so alone. 6 Years, 10 Months ago  
I've never posted on a forum and I'm not sure what the forum etiquettes are, so i'll just try and do my best!!

I'm 26, female and first began suffering panic attacks at the age of 10. My mum was very ill, my family dysfunctional and then I began getting bullied. The situation escalated - missing many years of school etc.

At the age of 17 I learnt to drive and began regaining some of my life. I began working, and at 22 went to university (whilst still living at home).
Situations in my family life went downhill, I began caring for one of my Grandparents, even though I was finding work, uni and his care too much. However, in 2007 I was devastated by his death. I began drinking too much and feeling depressed.
In January of 2008 I had a very extreme panic attack, and fell into the agoraphobia cycle. I began to improve in May 2010, only for my father to have a stroke, my dog (who was my best friend of 16 years) die two days after my fathers stroke, and then my new kitten was killed by a fox. My health began seriously going down hill. I couldnt eat for days, then i'd binge on sugary foods etc. In september 2010 I was rushed into hospital with undiagnosed diabetes.
By october 2010 I was housebound again. I have remained housebound since. I have made very short trips out, but since xmas I have only ventured a couple of hundred yards from my home.
My parents are exhausted by me, constant arguing. Both their health declining. I have a loving boyfriend who doesnt know how to help me. If I wasnt so frightened of pain I would have commited suicide.
I have been having therapy by phone twice a week, which seems to make me feel worse afterwards..but I stick with it as I do believe im uncovering some core issues. I also have implemented a new routine. Waking at a certain time, working on my distance learning degree every day, yoga and healthy eating etc.
I just want to know does anyone think I can ever recover? My family life is still very painful, my mother is still ill, and my father had a stroke. If I could only get out of my house I think I could calm down but the agoraphobia prevents. I just wonder if I have some kind of brain damage, i've been like this since I was 10 years old..is this even possible.
Is there anything anyone can recommend to me? I just feel so alone. None of my friends know what is going on with me, and think I just dont want to see them anymore. I dont feel comfortable sharing with them. I just feel anxious and afraid of what has happened to me for what seems like every minute of the day.
Please any tips or advice for where to start.
Love to all, I really appreciate you reading this x

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
titoRudz (User)
Involved Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Can anyone help me, I feel so alone. 6 Years, 10 Months ago  
Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Continue to be in touch in this forum. I assure you it is helpful. By just reading through all the posts in here gives me relief knowing that I am not alone with this ability we share. Continue to post and share your experiences. It helps to let it out. Just by seeing the number of views on my post gives me the relief and assurance that people care enough to read them and relate to what we have been through. More importantly, if I get a reply, it gives the feeling that someone empathizes.

You'll be fine. Hope to see more posts from you here.

Warm regards,

titoRudz

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

iheartsbc (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
thankyou for your response. I will start my own blog now.
You are very right about it being an ability. If we can switch the attention off the negative to something positive, I believe we would be some of the most powerful people in the world. There will be no stopping us!
I hope to find to the silver lining in the cloud of panic, and for you too.
Thankyou for reaching out to me.

Logged Logged

beachluvlie (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Wow, you have been going through a lot. When I have having severe panic attacks last year I became more and more agoraphobic as well. I was lucky enough to have a great friend help me get out and do things. I still have problems going out on my own. Is there anyone you can safely confide in and ask for help? It helped me to hear from someone that I was going to be okay, and who wouldn't get freaked out. Also, if the phone therapy is making you feel worse, I wouldn't do that anymore. What are they saying to you? I've seen counselors and phsycologists several times over the years, but it's hard to find a good one. Seeing one in person really helps though. As for your parents, it's terrible that they are sick, but so are you. You cant help anyone until you help yourself. Don't just disappear from them, but really stress that you love them and need support, even if they don't understand what is going on. You will recover, but it takes time. I can tell you other things that have helped me get through my most difficut attacks if you want...just let me know.

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Wednesday, 22 November 2017