Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Starting the recovery process
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Starting the recovery process

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
changerob (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Starting the recovery process 7 Years, 8 Months ago  
All -

I do have agoraphobia for sure. My Dad also had it, but was able to overcome it after going through the TERAP program. My symptoms are typical with the condition minus the panic attacks. I am definetly afraid of traveling outside my safe zone. Also, after my wife and I had a baby, we didn't hardly go anywhere far (<30mi). Now that my daughter is a bit older, there are a lot of places we would like to go. Supprisingly what was easy a year ago, is very difficult right now and I know it is because I have had no practice in the last year. I continue to practice, but it is frustrating at times and sometimes it seems I making no progress ... I feel I need some additional help & support to help deal with all of this. My question is: what is the best way to get started in recovery ... should I seek a therapist (if so, what kind?), read a book, join a group or ?? When I played high school sports, I had a coach to guide me and keep me on pace ... I need something like that I think.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
remo (Admin)
Administrator
graphgraph
Re:Starting the recovery process 7 Years, 8 Months ago  
Welcome to the site!

Sounds to me like a therapist (coach) would be a good place for you to start.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Irish (User)
graphgraph
Re:Starting the recovery process 7 Years, 8 Months ago  
Yes, a therapist or coach would be a good place to start as Remo says. How about also seeking out blogs on this site for people who have agoraphobia as well and see what they did. What some of them did may work for you. Take care.....Ed

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Monday, 20 November 2017