Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Nervous breakdown...
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Nervous breakdown...

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
sunshinelady (User)
Newbie Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Nervous breakdown... 7 Years, 6 Months ago  
I get the same feeling at the hairdressers.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
Mayan (User)
Contributing Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Nervous breakdown... 7 Years, 4 Months ago  
I didn't know anyone else was anxious about going to the hairdressers. I can't go. I think in my whole life I've maybe been to the hairdressers under 10 times. And most of those times would have been when I was younger and made to go by my mother. Now I couldn't even imagine.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

fablegirl (User)
Involved Survivor
graphgraph
Oh Mayan>>That is so weird..I also hate going to the hairdressers..Sitting in that chair, all of the other people, they are all talking at once, and the hair dryer noise, and feeling trapped in that damn chair...I was always too embarrased to tell anyone..Oh well, I guess it is not just me..LOL Take care

Logged Logged

Mayan (User)
Contributing Survivor
graphgraph
Well it's nice to know there are OTHERS.(lol) I always thought I had some weird hairdresser avoidance disorder. I'm kidding. But I've been like this ever since I was very young and I would have never guessed it was anxiety related but now I definitely know it is.
My mom will always say why don't you go get your hair cut/done, and I say no thanks and she just really can't understand that. How can you explain to someone that you feel so uncomfortable sitting in the chair, having to make small talk with a complete stranger, having a stranger touch your hair, wash it, etc. I definitely do not enjoy it. Same with manicures and pedicures. I just won't do it. At work we got gift certificates for manicures/pedicures one year at Christmas and I had to give mine away because I couldn't imagine going to have it done.
I've never really told anyone either because it just seemed so silly to me, but I'm glad I put it out there..because now I know I'm not the only one.

Logged Logged

disneymom (User)
Contributing Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Nervous breakdown... 7 Years ago  
I also get anxious at dentist and hairdresser... also on park rides.... trains ....busses...

anywhere I perceive I am trapped and can not "make on escape" if I need too....

I think that why the reality of "eternity" freaks me out every since I was a kid... cause there is no escape

Logged Logged

Irish (User)
graphgraph
Re:Nervous breakdown... 7 Years ago  
Disneymom this is truly amazing at how you think and feel exactly as I do. Even going to heaven in joy and ecstasy (and there are no guarantees of myself going to heaven) for eternity is not a pleasant thought right? On and on, forever and forever is scary as we know how suddenly despair and panic can come into our lives. Hang in there. Take care.....Ed

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Monday, 20 November 2017