Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Nervous breakdown...
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Nervous breakdown...

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
Kristyj077 (User)
Involved Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Nervous breakdown... 7 Years, 8 Months ago  
That is my main fear right now, ugh.

I have to go to the dentist really soon, maybe even next week. I am not afraid of the dentist or all the work I will possibly need done. I would have went a long time ago if I wasn't so afraid I'd have panic attacks. I don't get out of the house very much cause of having panic attacks in a car. So, this weekend I am gonna try to work with these fears and getting out.

I fear that I am gonna have a nervous breakdown on the way there or when I get there. I have thoughts of having one or just falling to pieces like acting like a crazy person lol. I'm scared I will have one being away from home and I will end up in a straight jacket. Ugh. I guess it's because the panic attacks can be so bad that it really does feel like that is happening.

I was wondering if anyone else has ever felt this way, doesn't matter if you can relate to me or not. Just like some advice, support please! Thanks!

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
95concours (User)
Experienced Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Nervous breakdown... 7 Years, 8 Months ago  
It's one thing to have panic attacks, But it realy sucks hard when panic drives you in your safe zone and won't let you out. I had a shallow run in with Agoraphobia for about two months. And it sucks when you know you need to do important life tasks but fear of panic locks your door from the outside. I finally became fed up with it and broke the wall by forcing through the barrier. But not without a few annoying attacks on the way to the other side. Agoraphobia CAN be a thing of the past, you just have to want it so bad that you become a threat to panic and it will subside.

You CAN do it! Just remember that yes panic may show itself when in the car or even walking out of the property and when it happens remember that this is only panic and will not hurt you. It won't take long before you will be flying in space looking for new places to explore.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

Luper (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Just wanted to let you know you are not alone. I am exactly where you are right now. I have a terrible time leaving my house and it is getting worse. I only go out to go to work....which I miss alot of. I do work with a therapist, and she is wonderful. It takes time....don't give up.

PM me if you need to talk...I totally understand!

Hugs
Lisa

Logged Logged

4Him (Admin)
graphgraph
The more you worry about losing control, the more you will convince yourself that it is possible. I found that in order to change my thoughts when I was faced with leaving my home, I had to focus them on something else. I found my answer after doing a Bible study that suggested writing Bible verses that focused my thoughts on God's love and care for me on 3x5 cards and taking those cards with me wherever I went. I put them in a little notebook I bought at Wal Mart and kept them in my purse. I reread the cards while shopping or in doctors waiting rooms and they got me through. It was like having a place of refuge wherever I went. I could leave the fearful place I was in and dive into those wonderful peaceful verses.

Oh, just wanted to let you know the official definition of a nervous breakdown is severe depression. I know the term gets tossed around alot but a true breakdown means you cannot function mentally. So if you are afraid you are going to have a nervous breakdown maybe knowing that becoming hysterical is the exact opposite of having one will quiet your fears.

Logged Logged

Kristyj077 (User)
Involved Survivor
graphgraph
Thanks for the comments everyone. It helps to talk and I am determind to get through these fears so I can get to the dentist really soon. A friend gave me a link to a website last night and I came acrossed a way to look at panic attacks in another light on that website. The person wrote a really good story on how to treat panic attacks as your friend and not enemy. If you all would like to read the story, you can find it in a blog I wrote on this website last night.

4him- I actually have some of those versues saved on my computer that you posted a while back. I've actually had them on my computer for about 2 years when I was coming here 2 years ago. I've read them and they are helpful, I need to use them the same way you do and I know they will also help me.

I don't know why I am so afraid of having a "nervous breakdown." It's so silly that I have thoughts of throwing my hands up in the air and acting like a crazy person when I think about being in a car or being away from home. I try to get rid of these intrusive thoughts by thinking positive thoughts. And that last thing I am is severe depressed.

I am gonna work hard on getting out more and to not let the panic attacks stop me. I am gonna try to remember what that story said about panic attacks being a friend and work on not being so afraid when I have a panic attack, then hopefully, with a lot of practice, they will start to fade. I know it won't be easy, but I believe that it can be done.

Logged Logged

Destiny (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Nervous breakdown... 7 Years, 6 Months ago  
I also dread having to go to the dentist. Not fear of the procedure, just fear of having to stay in the chair until he is done. What helps me is to do relaxation and breathing and keep telling myself "ok, he will be done in 30 minutes or less, I can handle it" It also helps to concentrate on the music that most dental offices have playing in the background and I always ask my dentist to leave the door open. He is a wonderfully understanding man.

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Tuesday, 21 November 2017