Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Agoraphobia with panic disorder
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Agoraphobia with panic disorder

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
Mia35 (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Agoraphobia with panic disorder 7 Years, 10 Months ago  
Hi I am struggling with agoraphobia.I stay trapped in my home for the most part.I wish I knew a way out.I've been this way for a while now.I just wish I knew how to get rid of this.Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do? I feel so trapped.I take a benzo when I need to leave my home.That only fixes the symptoms of panic for a short while though and doesn't always work.Once the pill wears off though the problem is still there.I need to get better.I just had a baby.She is 4 months old with hearing loss and needs special care so staying home cant be an option for me anymore.I HAVE TO take care of her.I thought i had time to get better because her dad could help out with things that needed to be done outside and I could be a stay at home mom and take baby steps to get myself well.Well he passed away while I was about 5 months pregnant.I do have support from my mother but she really resents me for being like this.I don't want to be a burden on her anymore.I want to get better.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
Irish (User)
graphgraph
Re:Agoraphobia with panic disorder 7 Years, 10 Months ago  
Start with reading all the posts by people(their blogs) on agoraphobia with panic and see how they resolved their situation. You can pick up some tips there for the immediate. You are going to have to see a psychiatrist for meds and therapy so you can function. Very sorry on your family situation with both members. Take care.....Ed

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

lamy12 (Moderator)
graphgraph
Re:Agoraphobia with panic disorder 7 Years, 10 Months ago  
Hi Tiny~I am so sorry for your loss. You have taken a great step reaching out to people here at PS. It helped me so much. For me, not allowing the panic to keep me from going somewhere was a must!!! No matter how much I felt I was dying or going crazy....I kept reminding myself that neither one of those things happened even though I really felt that they were going to happen. Once you give in to it and let it control you, it becomes a cycle. No matter how bad you feel, try to get out, even if you need the benzo..that's why your doc. prescribed it. Are you in counseling as well? That would definitley help you work through the negative thinking patterns we develop with the anxiety/panic.

Don't give up no matter how bad you feel...it can and does get better. Read the blogs, get connected. You are not alone!!! Hugs, lamy

Logged Logged

LovelyRach (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Agoraphobia with panic disorder 7 Years, 4 Months ago  
When I have gone through agoraphobia in the past, I took baby steps going outdoors. I would start by making quick trips to the store, then a little longer ones. I would always tell myself, "if you get a panic attack, you can go right home". Just knowing that would help me A LOT. It still does now, when I get a panic attack when I am not home.

I also know how it is to feel like a burden to other people. It is a crappy feeling. People that don't know what it is like honestly can't help. Just coming here and talking to people that know how you feel is a comfort.

I hope you find relief from this soon. Take care!

Logged Logged

Mayan (User)
Contributing Survivor
graphgraph
Really sorry to hear about your situation. It must be extremely difficult for you.
Baby steps like LovelyRach said is the best idea. I had a little bit of time where I found it very difficult to leave my house. So I would go out just for a short walk in the nighttime...sometimes I would last for 5 minutes and have to hurry home but the point was that I was getting out of my house and my comfort zone.
Unfortunately you have to go against the fear and do it anyway. I have to force myself to go outside sometimes and when I get there and feel panicky I make myself stay and ride it out. Otherwise I don't know that I will ever get better.
All the best to you.

Logged Logged

Graceinadversity (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
You have mentioned some major life stuff going on all at the same time for you.They all are extremely imperative that you get help for.I do agree you need meds asap and some therapy.I have a neuro-psychiatrist that treats me medicinally and therapy-wise.

When I had my first child,I had some major life stuff going on and on top of that, I was suffering postpartum(I was unaware).

I believe you can get some kind of help for your child's special needs.I'm not sure but look into it in case income is tight (as we are in a recession).Get outside trustworthy, reliable,help for you to take necessary breaks.I am all too familiar raising a child alone.hopefully that will alleviate some resentment your Mother carries.That can weigh down on you so much. check out some grief groups too when you're ready. I lost my Mother its not the same as a husband but a loss no less.Perhaps leaving home to seek help can be your outings for now. benzo's helped me immensely and there are different kinds,dosages. I took some benzos through a crisis 3 x's a day for awhile.I feel very much for you.I am sorry for your loss...
Take care all the best to you and your little one

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Monday, 20 November 2017