Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
I wish I could afford CBT Therapy
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: I wish I could afford CBT Therapy

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
DesInDespair (User)
Newbie Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
I wish I could afford CBT Therapy 8 Years, 5 Months ago  
But you have to have really fancy health insurance to do afford that. So it looks as if I'm going to have to do it on my own (which is ironic, don't you think?)

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
flatopcop (User)
Newbie Survivor
graphgraph
Re:I wish I could afford CBT Therapy 8 Years, 5 Months ago  
Everything I learned from my therapist.......I had already learned from reading a book. I had read the book I used before I got a therapist. I only had 6 sessions........actually the therapist was quite useless........I mainly used her as a sounding board to get things off my chest. The exercises she gave me were basically the same as in the book. The main thing is a strong desire to get over this condition. It doesn't happen overnight. You just have to use patience and a little dicipline.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

Kwende (User)
Major Contributing Survivor
graphgraph
Re:I wish I could afford CBT Therapy 8 Years, 5 Months ago  
The benefit behind having a therapist is the same benefit behind having a test at the end of the semester: focus and truthfulness. It's easy for us to convince ourselves that a book is telling us just about anything; indeed, I think fooling oneself is pretty much the easiest thing in the world to do.

If we were the sole ones responsible for grading our progress, why wouldn't we just give ourselves an A?

There are a great many workbooks out there which are very good. I would recommend picking some of these up (they're mentioned all over this forum). However, if you're going to make this journey, I suggest at least working with someone close to you in an attempt to measure your progress - someone as impartial as possible (I'm not religious, but even a pastor would do).

The goal behind CBT is real results. And, unfortunately, we're not good judges of our own progress.

Logged Logged

lilkitn (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:I wish I could afford CBT Therapy 8 Years, 4 Months ago  
I have been thinking the same thing. I was trying to get into a free community service, but I've been told that I may not be a severe enough case. I've been asking around from people that I know in health care and one person recommended this book to check out. It's called: Cognitive Therapy for Dummies. I've checked it out on Amazon.com since you can actually look inside that book there and it looks pretty good actually. I think I may pick up a copy myself soon.

Logged Logged

DesInDespair (User)
Newbie Survivor
graphgraph
Re:I wish I could afford CBT Therapy 8 Years, 4 Months ago  
thanks I might check out that book also

Logged Logged

Pukeachu (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:I wish I could afford CBT Therapy 7 Years, 2 Months ago  
DesInDespair wrote:
But you have to have really fancy health insurance to do afford that. So it looks as if I'm going to have to do it on my own (which is ironic, don't you think?)

Yo, Des;

Sad to read of your predicament, fashionably late to the party as I might be For yourself and anyone else out there, When Panic Attacks come highly recommended by fellow travelers:

www.amazon.com/When-Panic-Attacks-Drug-F...nxiety/dp/0767920716

If CBT still isn't viable, think of this is that first $ for petrol when your stranded and require 10 to make it home Good luck

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Thursday, 23 November 2017