Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
How Meditating on Scriptures Help Relieve Panic
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: How Meditating on Scriptures Help Relieve Panic

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
4Him (Admin)
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
How Meditating on Scriptures Help Relieve Panic 2 Years, 6 Months ago  
Read this recently and was thrilled to see that neuroscience has proven what the Bible has told us from the beginning, God's perfect love casts out fear(1John 4:18), and it explains how meditating/praying Scriptures to God stopped my panic attacks back in 2005 and why meditation and prayer still calms the anxiety I feel whenever I'm stressed. "Research has shown that meditation and prayer can offer effective treatments for anxiety (Lee, Zaharlick, & Akers, Families in Society, 2011). Furthermore, recent advances in neuroscience have confirmed the biblical wisdom that love eradicates fear. The part of the brain in which fear is generated is called the amygdala, whereas the part of the brain in which we experience altruistic love, compassion, empathy, and sympathy is called the anterior cingulate cortex (ACC). Dr. Newberg at the University of Pennsylvania has shown that when individuals aged 60 to 65 meditated 12 minutes a day for 30 days on a God of love, they experience growth in the ACC as measured by MRI brain scans, reductions in heart rate and blood pressure, and improvement in memory testing.This means that growth in the ACC from meditating on a God of love calms and reduces the firing of the brain's fear center (the amygdala). (Newberg, A. & Weldman, M. R. How God Changes Your Brain: Breakthrough Findings from a Leading Neuroscientist. 2009)" P.S.: I was 51 in 2005, so you don't have to be 60-65 for God's Word to change your brain. Isn't this information exciting? I shared this with my Bible study girls yesterday because Priscilla Shirer talked about using "specific" weapons for "specific" battles in Gideon: Your Weakness, God's Strength. The article I quoted also said that when these individuals meditated on Scriptures other than God's love, there was no positive outcome. So it took "specific" Scriptures that spoke against fear/anxiety to cause the change. Again, proving that "perfect love (God's love) casts out fear"! Hallelujah! God has given us "specific" Scriptures for our "specific" battles. I recently recopied my Scriptures into a small notebook and I can't tell you what a faith-building exercise that was! "The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds." 2 Corin. 10:4

Day by day we can demolish the stronghold fear and anxiety has on our lives as we meditate on God's love for us in the Bible. All it takes is 12 minutes. Are you game?

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
4Him (Admin)
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:How Meditating on Scriptures Help Relieve Panic 2 Years, 6 Months ago  
The Scriptures I mentioned I've already posted on this website in the Help forum, under Inspiration, years ago.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

Last Edit: 2015/05/06 21:41 By
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaTools::whoisID() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 316
4Him.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Saturday, 18 November 2017