Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
New to this. Extreme anxiety/panic disorder
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: New to this. Extreme anxiety/panic disorder

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
Chris Horton (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
New to this. Extreme anxiety/panic disorder 3 Years, 5 Months ago  
Hi everyone. Im totally new to this. 33 years old. Professional musician. No history of mental disorder. I dont use any illegal drugs and only drink moderately. This will be long, but I really need some insight.

About 8 weeks ago I had my first panic attack, and was rushed to the hospital thinking that it was a heart attack. Tightness in chest/dizzy/tingling in my hands and pain in my arms. After 3 full cardiac workups that week, I was deemed healthy heart-wise. I was advised to find a general practitioner. Panic and anxiety became a daily thing.

The GP has me on celexa and lorazapam currently. Iam in my sixth week and I cannot focus. I leave my dayjob early. My music career is on hold. I wake up for work about 5am. work for four or five hours, then come home and sleep. Wake up for a few hours in the evening, then go back to sleep. I have attacks daily, whether light, or severe.

Rinse and repeat.

Going back to the GP tomorrow, and see if we cant change medications. I cant live like this. Anyone else have any experience with this just "coming out of the blue"? I have no history with this stuff. I have little stress in my life. I have money, a committed relationship, I do things that I love, travel. Lots of friends....I had a positive demeanor and very rarely let anything get me down.I just dont get it. It's like my body turned traitor on me. And now the meds are making it all worse. I dont know what to do anymore. Im very depressed, and my relationships/jobs are suffering greatly.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139

concernedmom (User)
graphgraph
Re:New to this. Extreme anxiety/panic disorder 3 Years, 5 Months ago  
this is the address where everyone knows you
Chris, you came to the spot where people know what you're battling. If you have some time to spare just scroll down the pages and stories. You will find so many posts that look like you wrote them. Describing your life as it is/was recently doesn't have to mean that you never experienced stress at higher degree. Maybe it came as genetics just woke up for you at your 33. Maybe you had bottled so much and your body couldn't take anymore of pushing down in silence. Plus, you are artist. To me, that says a lot. Artist' souls are somewhat more sensitive, you got to admit it. That itself at such times may be enough ground for panic to surface.
These are only few tips I am jotting down, so you can try to dig deeper, and pin-point when and where your panic seeds sprouted forever first time. Give your meds at least two more weeks, but don't expect any magic from them. Meds can not be the only tool while learning how to accept to live with panic. Variety of techniques are necessary. Talk openly to whoever you have a chance to and especially to your significant other; don't care so much that you may feel embarrassed exposing your inner feelings more in detail than ever before. You need that. Your doctor note should keep you safe from being fired, and don't take it yet as a tragedy that you're only working part time. Panic sufferers working full time aren't that common.
In the meantime, try to do some running, exercises; avoid alcohol, coffee, sodas at all if you are taking meds or at least until you notice its positive effects taking place; make some changes to your food diet.
Rule number one: don't think of and don't take panic as a terminal disease. Panic doesn't kill, it does disable us. How much? It depends. Imagine yourself helping the loved one recover from serious sickness. Whatever you would do or say to that person do it for yourself and to yourself. Just, please, don't pity yourself. That will not help you.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

tsuki (Admin)
Administrator
graphgraph
Re:New to this. Extreme anxiety/panic disorder 3 Years, 5 Months ago  
Welcome to PS, Chris. Concernedmom is spot on with her advice. Through these pages you'll find stories exactly like your own. Although we may not be Physicians, we all have our own first-hand experiences and knowledge to share.

Panic is a symptom of anxiety and we never know when it'll strike. We struggle with anxieties that we are sometimes unaware of and learn to bottle up feelings. When you see your Physician, ask for a referral to a mental health professional. Even if there is no history of mental health problems, participation in some sort of therapy can help to pinpoint hidden "triggers" that cause panic. With this knowledge, you can help to resolve the issues and ease anxiety.

Meds are not your only recourse. Through therapy and research you can learn skills to combat anxiety and panic such as relaxation, exercise, diet, etc. As a pianist, music was one of my methods. You already have that skill. Now try playing for yourself only. Put your feelings there and unload.

We're happy you found us. There is positive support here from people who care and want to help.

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Monday, 20 November 2017