Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Severe panic attacks!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Severe panic attacks!

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
Vicky (User)
Newbie Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Severe panic attacks! 3 Years, 6 Months ago  
Hello!

I was having outbreaks on my chins for months and a consultant at a health store advised me to buy raw maca root and drink it every night before I go to bed. I followed her advice, I took 1 tbs, mixed it with water and drink it before bed time, and I took it for 14 days. On the 14th day, I started to feel lightheaded (like I am on a boat feeling), but only when I lay in bed or rest. When I am moving, I don;t feel it. Then, I started to get panic attacks (shortness of breath, some weird sensation in my legs and arms, shaking). However, I feel that my panic attacks start in my stomach and spread to my body. Also, my period moved 7 days and I could cry all day long.

Could this be all from the raw maca I took or is this just pure anxiety? Hormones? At times, I feel like I am going to die

Thank you for your support and replies.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
Vicky (User)
Newbie Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Severe panic attacks! 3 Years, 6 Months ago  
I forgot to add that I feel hungry all the time. Half an hour after lunch or dinner, I feel empty and if I don;t eat, my panics become worse.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

draydon (User)
graphgraph
Hi Vicky,

The hard thing with panic attacks and other mental disorders is that our minds tend to focus like becoming hyper aware of every off feeling sensation we have. In turn this causes us to think something serious must be wrong with us, why else would we be feeling these symptoms right? The hard part is to realize we won't die from whats happening to our body or what we are feeling. It's just uncomfortable and it will pass. It always does. I would suggest reducing and eliminating the raw maca root and see if anything changes.

Hugs

Logged Logged

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

tsuki (Admin)
Administrator
graphgraph
Hi Vicky, I'm not familiar with maca root so I decided to look it up. I've included a link to WebMD below with info about maca. You can cut and paste if you like. Sometimes it helps to research recommended treatments especially if it comes from unknown sources. The use of maca can cause all of the sensations/side effects you've described. Draydon is right in his advice to discontinue it's use. This sounds like a commercial but I must add that if symptoms persist, please consult your physician. It's been four days since your post and Draydon's reply, so I hope you're feeling better. Please post back and let us know how you're doing . . . hugs

www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingre...eIngredientName=maca

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/05/13 11:54 By
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaTools::whoisID() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 316
tsuki.

Vicky (User)
Newbie Survivor
graphgraph
Hi!

Thank you for your replies. I feel a little bit better, and I have stopped taking maca powder. When panic attacks are about to strike, I feel it coming from my stomach. I get a sensation as if I won't be able to breath or something will instantly kill me. From tension, I have back pain and I have some funny feeling in my arms and legs.

I just hate panic attacks

Vicky

Logged Logged

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

tsuki (Admin)
Administrator
graphgraph
Yeah, panic attacks bring on all kinds of sensations. I can also feel when panic is about to set in so I get into my battle mode. It helps to have relaxation methods that can help to keep the panic away. Takes practice, but try some, they work. Glad you're feeling better after Maca use . . . hugs

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Friday, 24 November 2017