Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Go to bottom
TOPIC: In crisis

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
Jamiebeth (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
In crisis 3 Years, 7 Months ago  
I'm in the middle of severe panic attacks. Been this way for the past month. Can't take it anymore. I feel so incredibly alone and like I have no hope at all. I'm under the care of a psychiatrist and he recently increased my Paxil,and plans to increase it again. Will this get better? Please help. I can't take it anymore and I'm terrified.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
tsuki (Admin)
Administrator
graphgraph
Re:In crisis 3 Years, 7 Months ago  
Welcome to PS, Jaimebeth I know what you must be going through and yes, it does get better. Good that you're under Drs. care. Your increase dosage may be what is needed to stabilize your condition. If possible, ask your Dr. to refer you to a licensed therapist/Psychologist for therapy as meds+therapy should work hand-in-hand. Anxiety manifests itself in many ways and therapy helps to get to the root of your issue(s). There's hard work involved with therapy, but it helps to bring some peace to know where your anxiety stems from. You'll be able to learn ways to combat symptoms of anxiety including panic.

I've found that support of family and friends is very important. Please don't feel alone as there are many here that have and are experiencing what you are. Support from others, including fellow survivors, in the form of a forum such as this can help you along. Sharing what you're going through in the form of posting and blogging and reading how others handle their anxiety are tools in itself. The advice that others give is invaluable.

For now, take deep breaths and let out slowly. Keep your mind occupied and learn relaxation methods. Exercise if possible. Even a walk in the garden, or sipping iced water can help. Stay away from all stimulants including caffeine, nicotine, alcohol and recreational drugs. Relax, the panic will come, but you can prepare yourself to battle it if you have the proper tools. A great tool can include watching a relaxation video on youtube. They are numerous and extremely helpful.

Most of all, remember that you're not alone in this. Start blogging and get the support and advice needed. We care . . . hugs

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

Jamiebeth (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Thank you so much. Each day is a challenge, and it's hard to talk to my friends because I don't feel like they'll understand. My husband and mother are the ones helping me out right now. My mother stays with me during the day while my husband is at work. I've always had a panic disorder, but never this bad before. One of my biggest concerns is the lack of sleep; I'm hardly sleeping at all during this time as I am so agitated. My doctor is raising my paxil in the next few days which always makes me feel worse initially. I'm ready for it to get better.

Logged Logged

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

tsuki (Admin)
Administrator
graphgraph
Hi jaimebeth, been thinking of you and hoping you're feeling better. Let us know how you're doing with the increased dosage. I still have problems with insomnia but am not taking meds to help with that. I hope your paxil will help give you some relief so you can rest.

It's good that you have excellent support from your family Blog when you like to let us know how you're doing . . . hugs

Logged Logged

Jamiebeth (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
I am slowly coming out of my panic hell. Still on shaky ground, but the paxil is starting to work for me. Now to be good to myself and not expect too much too fast. Yes, I will definitely blog when I have some energy. Thank you so much.

Logged Logged

tsuki (Admin)
Administrator
graphgraph
I'm so glad you're feeling better. Yes, progress takes time. Wishing you well . . . hugs

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Thursday, 23 November 2017