Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
New to panic attacks, have some questions
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: New to panic attacks, have some questions
Snowypony (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
New to panic attacks, have some questions 2 Years, 8 Months ago  
Hello everyone! I'm new to these forums and am seeking some advice and your opinions. Obviously I should talk to my doctor also, I was just interested in others thoughts because this is somewhat new to me and I don't know anyone with an anxiety disorder.

I'm a 29 year old female(if that makes any sort of difference) and have had issues with social anxiety for a good chunk of my life though it seems to be getting worse the older I get. I am not currently on any medication or in any sort of therapy.

Up until recently I didn't think I had panic attacks... Sometimes when I was someplace very loud and crowded I would become very overwhelmed and nauseated but that would be all that happened. I wasn't sure that qualified as a panic attack.

But recently I had two incidents happen that made me wonder if I weren't starting to have them, they both pretty much felt the same... The only difference was the first one was a little more intense and scary. Both times it happened I was just home and nothing was really going on that I could think of to trigger it.

It started out with being hit by a wave of extreme nausea(the kind that makes you run to the bathroom and fling yourself onto the toilet), I never threw up though but I couldn't get myself to walk far so I just leaned on the bathroom sink and that's when it felt like a bucket of ice cold water had been thrown on my head and went down the length of my body. I was freezing, shaking and my heart started to pound in my chest... I was panicking because I didn't know what was going on. Eventually I made my way into the bedroom and just layed in bed shaking feeling very worn out and eventually it passed and I felt(apart from being tired) normal.

I'm not sure if it was a panic attack but have any of you that have them experienced something like this? I'm sorry for my long winded post but thank you for taking the time to read it and possibly sharing your thoughts.

Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2012/02/16 11:09 By Snowypony.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
mary zion (User)
Newbie Survivor
graphgraph
Re:New to panic attacks, have some questions 2 Years, 8 Months ago  
Urs its cald "mild panic attack" I advised u see a doctor,d earlier d betta..God be with u

Logged Logged  
nala (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:New to panic attacks, have some questions 2 Years, 4 Months ago  
Yup that sounds like a panic attack, I have been getting them all my life but was only diagnosed 11 years ago. The best advise I can give you is to go see a doctor. Also read read read, it is very important to understand what is happening biologically in your body when this happens. It really helped me cope. Today I get maybe one or two panic attacks a month where at the beginning I would get like 5 a day. Over the years I really learned to make peace with that part of my life, which is also something that really helped me, I still fight the battle it's not like I just sit in a corner defeated but acceptance is important to recovery.

Logged Logged  
Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 day, 18 hours ago
  • concernedmom : it's cold in here, wish previous weekend's weather didn't change
  • alana winner : hey shelly 76, they are scary, but know that they don't always happen again. I hope you get rest and feel better
  • shelly76 : first panic attack hit me today, it was so scary! I had no control
  • tsuki : Thanks CM, beautiful tradewind weather here  cool
  • concernedmom : happiness a ton to all from the to die for gorgeous weather-wise looking Chicago IL
  • macksmom : Hi tsuki !!! Smile
  • tsuki : Hi macksmom and Mireille, hope you're having a good day Smile
  • tsuki : Heavy . . .  have a happy day cool
  • CaptainOvaltine : "...In My Dreams...ITS ALWAYS THERE...The Evil Face that twists my mind and brings me to despair!...(duh-duh-duh-duh) AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!" - Happy Heavy Metal Monday Yalll! twisted
  • concernedmom : PS seems got a nice new and needed refreshment in you, CO  Smile
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

Misunderstood_24
SEO Company
Website Optimization Firm
Panic Survivor
Thursday, 30 October 2014