Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Knot in throat and chest
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Knot in throat and chest

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
Vicky (User)
Newbie Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Knot in throat and chest 6 Years, 11 Months ago  
Hello!

I don't even know where to start. More than a month ago, I was eating my dinner and I suddenly started to have difficulty swallowing. Ever since that night, I am having difficulty swallowing on a regular basis.
A week ago, I lost my appetite and I eat only because I have to. However, what bothers me a lot is that I am having a knot-like sensation in my chest and throat...even when I am eating.
I read on the internet that it could be esophageal cancer and I am very worried now.
Is anybody else going through the same problem?

By the way... some say it could be acid reflux, but after I drink some lemon juice...my stomach feels somewhat better.

PLEASE HELP!

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
ceejay (Admin)
Administrator
graph
Re:Knot in throat and chest 6 Years, 11 Months ago  
Its funny because at the time this happened to me I was pretty sure I was the only one on the planet who had ever experienced this!

That was 20 years ago.

It was at the start of my Panic and Anxiety Disorder, and I still remember it with such clarity!

I recommend you go to the doctor and get a full check up -- heart, lungs, throat, mammogram, etc. Really get checked out. Talk to your doctor and let him/her know you have some issues with panic and anxiety.

Ask him/her to work with you through this. Get recommendations for a therapist. Talk about meds.

Then seek out some support for the onset of Panic and Anxiety disorder.

These are some that worked for me:

1. Nutrition - change the way you eat. Severely limit sugar, caffeine and high fat food.

2. Exercise - get some. Every day!

3. Sleep - get some. Every day!

4. Massage - find a massage therapist who can work with you to relax your body, and help you get to know the muscles and structure of your body - so you are aware of what the various twinges and pains are REALLY about.

5. Meditation/Breathing - get a CD or DVD for yoga, meditation, or something else that can help you learn how to self-calm. It is vitally important to be practicing this when you're NOT panicking so that when the panic and fear set in you know what to do.

6. Creativity - find some creative outlet: writing, drawing, painting, dancing, knitting. It doesn't matter. But this activity can help you get distracted from focusing on "figuring out" what is wrong.

7. Therapy - I went to therapy to understand some of the underlying causes of my panic and anxiety. Fears that I picked up in Childhood and carried with me into Adulthood, false beliefs that I continued to believe in without question. It was very helpful.

Know that what you have is Panic and Anxiety. Your body is fine. Your imminent death is not real. Your mind is a very strong and delusional thing!

Good luck!

Ceejay

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

95concours (User)
Experienced Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Knot in throat and chest 6 Years, 10 Months ago  
Ahhh, I should take a whole lot of the #4 myself.

Logged Logged

n0c7 (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Knot in throat and chest 6 Years, 10 Months ago  
The first time I had a panic attack in my teens was during eating. I was eating spaghetti and meat sauce and suddenly my throat locked up and I began choking on a mouthful of pasta. Within a minute I was about to blackout and was seeing stars when suddenly the mouthful shot out and I was then able to breath again.

While many guesses have been made, the exact cause is still unknown, but this was the onset of panic attacks and anxiety while eating for me which I spent many years battling.

I don't have an answer for you, but I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone.

Logged Logged

NatashaSmith_09 (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Knot in throat and chest 4 Years, 7 Months ago  
OMG! Without sounding selfish, I feel so much better knowing I am not alone and not the only one having this issue. My panic consist of swallowing issues.. Its hard for me to swallow.. I go on long kicks of not being able to swallow.. I can eat solid food right now but for some reason I cant drink liquids and I am so thirsty. I don't know what to do!

Logged Logged

draydon (User)
graphgraph
Re:Knot in throat and chest 4 Years, 7 Months ago  
The exact same thing happened to me. Only difference was I was eating Pizza. Maybe it's an italian thing lol. Seriously though I felt like I couldn't breath and had a lump in my throat. I went to the hospital becuase I thought I was having a heart attack or something. So after going to the hospital that was the first time I was told it might be a panic attack. I ended up going to see my family Dr and a ton of tests were conducted including my throat and swallowing. Guess what all came back normal. That's when we really started to focus on the anxiety disorder. Remember you're not alone. Everything you're experiencing a ton of us on this site has experienced. So feel free to post or ask questions

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Tuesday, 21 November 2017