Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Social anxiety from ocd/agoraphobia,etc.
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Social anxiety from ocd/agoraphobia,etc.

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
Denv12 (User)
Newbie Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Social anxiety from ocd/agoraphobia,etc. 4 Years, 10 Months ago  
Hi.

I thought about how I have been affected by having ocd,agoraphobia and chronic fatigue syndrome(cfs) and how that might have caused me to be aware that I might have a bit of social anxiety.

Ocd changed me.It changed my appearance because of what it stopped me doing.(you can read my ocd story,I'm the aussie guy.)It basically stopped me doing everyday grooming.I was always well groomed.I took pride in my appearance.I didnt like the way I looked.I looked old and grotty.Even though I'm making progress and now more my real self again sometimes I worry that I might have some social anxiety.

As for cfs,it kept me homebound.Had that since 2000.I dont really have a social life because I dont get out and about to meet people.I'm not anti social.I've had vistors helping me with shopping and other chores.I have to meet people online.And,living on my own isnt a real treat either.I still remain optomistic.

People look at me now and they dont have that look they used to give me.My neigbours here havent realised its me.I havent lost that part of me thats the real me.

I'm functioning in my mind better than I ever have.I put that down to my healthcare practitioner's treatments.They are paying off as I get rid of this mongrel disorder.

I have bought books from a well known online store on dating and advice for us guys to meet women.I think I started collecting those books and reading them just in case I had forgotten how to date,etc.I needed to learn again just to make sure.

I admit,this topic might seem unusual.If you can relate to it you are welcome to reply.I understand social anxiety.I have a few friends who also have it.

Thanks for stopping by and reading my post.

Regards Chris.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
tsuki (Admin)
Administrator
graphgraph
Re:Social anxiety from ocd/agoraphobia,etc. 4 Years, 10 Months ago  
Glad you're in therapy and not only aware but initiating the changes you need to make progress. LOL, congratulations . . . what a change if neighbors haven't recognized you yet. You're doing all the right things to beat anxiety. Thanks for sharing . . . hugs

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

Denv12 (User)
Newbie Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Social anxiety from ocd/agoraphobia,etc. 4 Years, 10 Months ago  
My chiropractic treatments are solving these problems.No therapy here.I love making progress.I love being myself again.I love seeing people who dont realise who I am.Its got to be one of the best signs of reassurance and the best compliment.

I decided right from the start of ocd that its got to go.I devoted over 5 years to finding a cure.I'm almost recovered.

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Saturday, 18 November 2017