Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Anxiety threatening job
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Anxiety threatening job

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
TrishSE (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Anxiety threatening job 5 Years, 1 Month ago  
I work as a hairdresser, which is pretty demanding physically and mentally. I really love doing hair and I think it's helped me alot in some ways with my anxiety by forcing me to learn to talk to people confidently; however, the down side is when something doesn't go right and I start getting panicky then I'm more prone to making more mistakes in that state. Well my boss is freaking out on me lately and I understand why. I've told her I'm seeing a therapist and trying really hard to get a handle on my anxiety. I'm trying to get into a primary care physician so I can look into getting on meds but it's hard to get an appointment quickly. Many are booked out for months. My coworkers have been wonderful and supportive, but I'm still in danger of getting canned. This just makes me even more depressed. I can't just find another salon to work at in my area. I have a non-compete agreement (common in the industry)and I would have to go work about a hour commute away due to the agreement. I've contemplated giving up a career that I love to find a "regular job" or go back to school to do something completely different. I know I would just be sick if I had to go work a desk job. I would be humiliating to fail that bad at something I loved. Has anyone else had their job threatened as a result of anxiety? Not that they wanted to quit, but that they would be fired?

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
scooby (Moderator)
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Anxiety threatening job 5 Years, 1 Month ago  
Hi, I can relate totally to your worries...I have a good secure job but am SO panicked lately that I am going to lose it...sometimes the worry is justified, as I have struggled badly this year with depression, and am in a customer service position in which having a bad day is not an option.
My anxiety at work never seems to quit, especially now as we have been asked to do a "non negotiable" task that I do not believe in and which I never do at home due to the anxiety it causes - something as simple as phoning people!
Add to that in my brain fog this year I have made mistakes and was subsequently put on performance management - humiliating, as someone who had always had promotions and even owned my own business!
BUT I keep in mind, and so should you...I quit a job a few years ago as I was emotionally struggling and finding the job stressful, and was in fear of being a "disappointment" to my bosses, a failure at the job, and just plain not good enough at it - I was scared they would just let me go...
It wasn't until I handed in my notice that they told me how sad they were, that they had been HAPPY with my performance - it was only my anxiety telling me I was not good enough.
SO...TRY not to panic - even though your boss may have to give you some performance counselling, it may not be as bad as it seems...unless you are turning up drunk, stealing, abusing customers, or totally inept at your job (Which I highly doubt, as you love what you do) most employers have no grounds to ask you to leave
Take a deep breath before everything you do - try to relax, think about one thing at a time at work - you'll be fine!

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Monday, 20 November 2017