Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Can't sleep due to anxiety. Advice?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Can't sleep due to anxiety. Advice?

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
bishvabis (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Can't sleep due to anxiety. Advice? 6 Years ago  
I can feel my heart beating in my chest when I lay down to fall asleep. I worry about it and it gets worse. At this point I can't get to sleep because my heart beat is irritating as hell. Anyone deal with this? What can I do to get some sleep. Info on me: I'm 22 years old, have a severe anxiety disorder, and I'm definitely overweight. Very overweight... I've been to the doctors a ton and nothing is wrong with me other than that I'm fat lol... so its not an underlying condition

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139

concernedmom (User)
graphgraph
Re:Can't sleep due to anxiety. Advice? 6 Years ago  
Overweight is so common these days:...you aren't so lonely in it...
...a lot of us are in it togeteher more than you can think about it.
If you have health insurance definitely see a psychologist, also nutritionist and try to involve yourself at some gym place or get yourself a personal trainer. I heard they make you work out so hard so you get to sleep when you get home like a little baby.

Overweight did not come over the night: so it will take some hard work to lower your weight.
By lowering your weight which subconsciously might be underlying cause of your severe anxiety disorder (although it is possible to be the other way around), a lot of it happening right now to you might get back in its "normal" spot: meaning your heart beat and Insomnia because of it might subside.
Try learning some new skills (maybe even some well apreciated trade skills) which will help you raise your confidence level to some new altitudes and help you feel good about yourself and people around you.
Stay off the computer at late hours if at all possible, and get yourself some soothing music to listen to, while maybe reading some book other than college courses books.
Reading is usually great way to escape from the present and get yourself "traveling" gorgeous places with the great people and only those you love to be with: in your wild imagination!
All in all: know your heart is in good condition, doctor told you that and nothing to worry about it, and to keep it that way for the future, you might want to lower some of those extra pounds.

We all can hear our heart beats, if we listen to it.

But, there are so many more interesting sounds out there to pay attention to: and if you take only one walk to the park: you will get what I am talking about.
Better yet if there is some creek or brook around: no better music for our ears there is in whole world than listening to the water streaming, bubbling and murmuring.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

memyselfanxiety (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Can't sleep due to anxiety. Advice? 6 Years ago  
Hi There,

When i had my anxiety attack last year I could not sleep because I would feel really anxious as soon as I was laying down. So, to counteract this effect I established a little routine before going to bed such as eating a light meal no later than 8pm and no snack. Then I would have a glass of cold milk while watching a movie (no violence or horror, they are too stimulating for the brain!) or reading a book. Before going to bed, I did some relaxation exercises like mindful breathing to help me relax (check out allaboutdepression.com for more on those relaxation exercises). It absolutely worked for me and I am convinced that it can work for you.

I tell my story on my blog (www.memyselfanxiety.com), check it out I wrote a piece about sleeping and anxiety.

Logged Logged

Despina (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Can't sleep due to anxiety. Advice? 5 Years, 12 Months ago  
As suggested in the previous 2 forum replies, avoid eating a large meal after 6 -7pm in the evening. It can also be useful to have some relaxation tapes - whether it be soothing musicsounds or a special recording specifically for help with sleeping Trying to engage with the sounds helps distract you from your beating heart and obviously you won't be able to hear both at the same time! Something I found out a few years ago was before you go to bed, write down the things you intent or need to do the next day. By doing this it helps to stop you getting anxious in case you don't get everything done or forget something. Make a list, then prioritize it into 'must do tomorrow' and 'can be done another day' - that way it take the pressure off!

Logged Logged

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

jbSEO9 (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Can't sleep due to anxiety. Advice? 5 Years, 6 Months ago  
Have you tried any breathing exercises? You simply need to make yourself relax. I know that may seem harder than it is sometimes.

I think it was somewhere else I mentioned it in this forum, but do a search online for "crinc anxiety". It may help you with your problem.

Logged Logged

sunshinelady (User)
Newbie Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Can't sleep due to anxiety. Advice? 5 Years, 4 Months ago  
Such a wonderful caring community! These suggestions are spot on! Hope you are doing well bishvabis.

ps I need to check back in here more often, this is a great group!

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Saturday, 18 November 2017